bog problems

hi there all!

i have some bog problems.when i open the thrrotle hard before a jump the bike bogs alittle and the throttle responce is not good.

ive checked the valve clearence and everything is good.

does anyone have an opinion.

i also ride in a very hot conditions and sometimes the altitude is high.

thank you

what year? how many hours? mods? elevation? outside temp? these are all questions that need to be answered in order to get a honest and close to pinpoint answer.. my bike is heavily modded, 09 engine parts with the 37mm carb (A.P. Mod) and is ridden at 4700-6500 feet...Installed 158 main jet, dropped needle to 2nd clip, there was a 45 pilot not a 42 installed (installed a 45 because bike had a bad popping on decel) , 55 leak jet, 100 slow air jet, 68 starter jet

If it bogs when you twist the throttle, then it's likely an accelertor pump defficiency problem (not squirting enough gas when throttle is twisted). If it bogs with steady throttle landing a jump, then it's probably fuel sloshing away from the main jet when you land hard.

R&D Power Bowl makes an aftermarket fuel bowl to eliminate the fuel slosh problem, and the accelerator pump problem. The bowl design has the main jet surrouned with fuel so the fuel won't slosh away from the main jet when you land hard causing a lean hesitation or bog. It also has an adjustable leak jet for the accelerator pump so you can adjust how much it squirts when you twist the throttle, simply by turning a screw instead of changing the leak jet.

Getting the pilot jet, mettering rod, main jet and accelerator pump, to all work in a smooth transition without running too rich or too lean, is a learned process. Be careful and don't over jet (too rich) to get rid of your hard landing bog, or twisting of the throttle bog. You can do it that way, but you're compensating for another problem. Too rich will hide problems, but too rich also robs power.

If you can purchase the bowl, initially have someone help you set it up and get it adjusted. Pay attention and take notes for a basic understanding of what they are doing. That will give you a starting point of where to begin when the next jetting issue arises. And they will.