Does Factory Effex grip tape work on the tank?

Cut away the factory graphic whre you want to tape,or you could try to use a heat gun or hair dryer to apply over the graphic and see what happens..

good luck

thats not his problem. I believe hes concerned about the fumes seeping through the tank and eating away at the grip tape glue.

why not perforate the grip tape yourself somehow? (with a nail) or apply it in a bunch of thin strips?e

if its being applied over over graphics it should not be a problem.

fumes seeping through the tank and eating away at the grip tape glue.
if that was the case y would it not eat the graphics glue as well? just saying...

if its being applied over over graphics it should not be a problem. if that was the case y would it not eat the graphics glue as well? just saying...

they do eat the graphics glue, thats why theres either 1. no decals on gas tanks (where have you seen those?) or 2. the decals (like older suzukis) have tons of perforated holes to let some of the fumes escape. not to mention spilled gas when filling the bike up. decals, and paint for that matter, wont last long on a gas tank. its just not a good idea and will look shitty very fast IMO.

and I dont know about your guys bike... but on my 05 crf450r (main bike), my knees grip the plastic shroud... my knees eat the decal kits up!! that would be the spot to put the grip tape, not the gas tank... what kind of bike do you ride?!

Its an 01 RM250. The shrouds dont cover the area of the tank where my knees go. One of the other reasons Im wondering about the grip tape is I dont want to put graphics on my shrouds, and my tank is stained rust brown where the ink from the last set of graphics stained the tank. I'm thinking I'll just run the plain yellow shrouds (I dont care if they get scratched) and cut out sections of black or yellow grip tape to cover the exposed tank. That way I get the no bling look Im after and put some grip where I need it. I think I'll order the tape and give it a try...