530 EXC Chain; long enough to mount up a 48 rear sprocket?

Just wondered if the chain will accomodate the larger rear sprocket? The chain only has 230 miles on it so its not stretched by any means; the adjusters appear to be mid way or a little less.

I doubt it. You might get away with a 14/48 combo on the stock chain. I did that while waiting for a 52T rear and new chain to arrive. The problem you will have is that the tire will be mounted so far forward that it will possibly eat the rear inner fender ( behind the airbox) when you take a hard hit.

I doubt it. You might get away with a 14/48 combo on the stock chain. I did that while waiting for a 52T rear and new chain to arrive. The problem you will have is that the tire will be mounted so far forward that it will possibly eat the rear inner fender ( behind the airbox) when you take a hard hit.

That is true. My tire was close to the flap. I also went to a 14/52 and a new 118 chain.

I went to a 14/49 on the stock chain with 100miles on it, when i did the sprocket swap i ran into doing a 180 degree turn on the axle blocks and tore the crap out of my mud flap that protects the rear shock and got some bad wopples from the tirer being in so far to the mud flap. And also there wasnt any room for ajustment so i orderd a new d.i.d 120 o-ring cut two links and works fine

With the 14 my chain is just about too long, however right now before it stretches its perfect. Wow, the 14 made a positive difference. I imagine going up a couple in the back would help also.