Hats off to TVTMA

Just wanted to say thanks, and great job to the members of TVTMA, for the work in the Bull Trout area. After a couple days of clearing trails around Stanley, I decided to go over to Bull Trout lake, and ride some there. You guys do excellent work. The trails I rode, were in great condition. Thanks again.

B Lamb

• Like 1

Thanks guys! I gotta cabin halfway between Lowman and Stanley, and it's a long way to go to clear trails. Trails have always been in great shape when I come over there. ๐Ÿ™‚:banana:

Speaking of Bull Trout(aka Dolly Varden)? I'm not a big fisherman, but I know that area has been a NO Bull Trout region due to 'endangered' status. What I'd like to know is do Bull Trout inhabit WA? I could have sworn I saw one in a stream...then again, I may be crazy. Any info greatly appreciated.

Brett

Our pleasure. I know there was another big group camped out by valley creek clearing in the stanley basin too. We overachieved and knocked out all our work early saturday, so sunday we went and took advantage of the hard work of others, like Tim2.

The cool conditions were really perfect for trailwork.

Thanks guys! I gotta cabin halfway between Lowman and Stanley, and it's a long way to go to clear trails. Trails have always been in great shape when I come over there. ๐Ÿ™‚:banana:

Speaking of Bull Trout(aka Dolly Varden)? I'm not a big fisherman, but I know that area has been a NO Bull Trout region due to 'endangered' status. What I'd like to know is do Bull Trout inhabit WA? I could have sworn I saw one in a stream...then again, I may be crazy. Any info greatly appreciated.

Brett

If you can identify a Bull Trout in the water at a glance , then your better than me ....

The Bull Trout signs that you are seeing just indicate the visual differences between a Bull and a Rainbow . They just want you to throw the Bull's back . It does not mean that you can't fish .

If you can identify a Bull Trout in the water at a glance , then your better than me ....

The Bull Trout signs that you are seeing just indicate the visual differences between a Bull and a Rainbow . They just want you to throw the Bull's back . It does not mean that you can't fish .

Understood, about the fishing regs, but I gotta good look at it in a shallow pool. I do know that the Bull looks more like a Brook than a Rainbow with the spots. Cutthroats show red under the neck, but this fish showed red down the entire side of the body, yet was yellow spotted, clear dorsal, and fat tail fin.

Beautiful scene. This was the pool I saw him in

P7040036.jpg

I do know that the Bull looks more like a Brook than a Rainbow with the spots. Cutthroats show red under the neck, but this fish showed red down the entire side of the body, yet was yellow spotted, clear dorsal, and fat tail fin.

Bull trout and Brook trout both have white on the leading edge of their fins. You can often see this plainly when they are sitting in a pool like that.

Cutthroat and Rainbow spawn in the spring and can/will cross breed.

Bull, Brown and Brook trout all spawn in the fall and can/will cross breed.

In some of the remote streams I used to fish growing up in Montana they were so cross-bred you couldn't possibly tell what they were. You rarely caught anything that looked exactly like a particular species. Makes it particularily difficult to figure out what to keep and what to throw back as both Bull and Cutthroats are now protected where I used to fish.

You rarely caught anything that looked exactly like a particular species. Makes it particularily difficult to figure out what to keep and what to throw back as both Bull and Cutthroats are now protected where I used to fish.

Fishin iz hard. That's why i jess drink beer and ride motersickles. Drinkin beer and riding motersickles is easy. ๐Ÿ™‚

I may take the wife fishin Friday to make her happy cuz Monday I'm headed back to do some more motersickle riding.

My wife likes to fish as well... for some time now I have been trying to teach her to shop like she fishes... go out all day, have fun, but come back empty handed! ๐Ÿ™‚

Bull trout and Brook trout both have white on the leading edge of their fins. You can often see this plainly when they are sitting in a pool like that.

Cutthroat and Rainbow spawn in the spring and can/will cross breed.

Bull, Brown and Brook trout all spawn in the fall and can/will cross breed.

In some of the remote streams I used to fish growing up in Montana they were so cross-bred you couldn't possibly tell what they were. You rarely caught anything that looked exactly like a particular species. Makes it particularily difficult to figure out what to keep and what to throw back as both Bull and Cutthroats are now protected where I used to fish.

Good Info. Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Fishin iz hard. That's why i jess drink beer and ride motersickles. Drinkin beer and riding motersickles is easy.๐Ÿคฃ

I've found drinkin beer goes with everything...And spillin, is abuse :banana:

My wife likes to fish as well... for some time now I have been trying to teach her to shop like she fishes... go out all day, have fun, but come back empty handed! :banana:

Let me know how that works for ya ๐Ÿ™‚