Caution!!! Heat Advisory

I just had the TV alert me that its hot out... NO S@^T...

Its like it has never been hot out. What in the world happened before 1902, yes, thats when air conditioning was invented..lol

Nowadays they have an alert for everything.. Flash flood, thunderstorm, severe wind, tornado, and heat..I guess..

Ok, done with my rant!

So my question is, what do you see in todays world that makes you laugh like its never happened, ever!?

I love all the warning labels on everything we buy...I think that the goverment has kind of over-regulated everything lately. I mean, I'm young (23) and I can remember when those things didnt come on hardly anything. But it still seems like everything has warning labels warning against, well...the obvious.

I guess we have to throw warning labels on everthing now days to keep this stupid, senseless American public from blow drying their hair with a heat gun.

i love the packaging on knives "warning knife may be sharp" dam straight my knife better be sharp:banghead:🙂

oh and all the lovley labels on everything as stated above

ie bike's gas tank, propane cylinders hell even a hot plate "warning may cause burns"

this is what suing has got us :banana:

http://firstfriday.wordpress.com/2008/03/24/stella-awards-for-stupid-lawsuits-the-darwin-awards-for-idiots-who-dont-die/

When I was in highschool in the 1980's I remember hearing people say that one day they'd be sellling plain water in bottles and people would actually buy them. Crazy talk back then.

We get daily "pollen counts" these days.

Oh, and smog alerts... don't go outside it you're old, or if you're young, or if you need to breathe oxygen to live.

I think the best on by far is on kick scooters. You know, Razor scooters? First off ,they come with an INSTRUCTION MANUAL that literally explains how to put one foot on the deck and kick with the other foot. Oh, don't forget to place both hands firmly upon the handlebars! Honestly, has anyone that bought a scooter for their kid sat there scratching their head wondering how the thing works? "Durrr, kin y'all figyer this hear kintrapshin out? Read that thar ins-truck-shin man-you-elle, good thing they inklewdid wun!"

Anyways, on the scooter, the warning label literally says: CAUTION! THIS PRODUCT MOVES WHEN USED...what kind of mentally deficient half-wit is that warning label for? Has someone seriously tried to use a scooter, thinking it isn't supposed to move, got hurt, and sued the company? I can't even see why else they would think it was necessary to say that...

*EDIT* After reading about the sandwich lady in the Winnebago, it doesn't seem too unbelievable that someone actually did that...

Warning: Do not attempt to remove blade while lawnmower is running or plugged into an outlet.

Craftsman Push Mower

Do not spray in eyes.

Windex

Warning: Cape does not enable user to fly.

Unknown Batman Costume

Not Dishwasher Safe

RCA Television Remote Control

If tunnel is dark, remove sunglasses.

Smoky Mountain National Park, Tennessee

Public Property, Keep out!

Jefferson City, Missouri High School Football Field

Warning: Do not touch lawnmower blades while running. Duh?

I think the worst one is not a label but that dumb lead law that stops sales of kid atvs and bikes. Who really licks a frame?

Lead isn't in paint any more anyways 🙂 besides that, frames are clear coated, so unless your kid is literally gnawing on his frame, hard enough to take paint off, you're good. If he is though, or licking/chewing on his dirt bike in general, I think he may be a tad too young for a motorized vehicle, or have more prominent issues to deal with than lead poisoning :banana:

I hate how a lot people in the world try to protect every thing aspect of their lives, children's lives, and other people's lives. It's crazy! My family never did that and I'm happy they didn't! Other than the necessary things, like wearing a helmet and looking both ways before crossing the street. Hell! I never even disinfect scrapes and cuts! One, because it makes it hurt again! I never got infected from anything and people wonder why people always get infected through cuts. They use disinfectant which (I think) lowers the immune system? Then the next time they get a cut, the immunity is down and infection takes place. I'm not even sure but it sounds pretty logical to me.

Who the hell in their right mind would even attempt to remove/touch a lawnmower blade when its running? Why would you lick a frame? Why wouldn't you use a sharp object to open a package? Why wouldn't a knife be sharp? Most of the warning are common sense people! Are people becoming so brain dead that they don't even have/use common sense anymore?

I have a few good ones I found over the past few months. (Internet, new stuff I bought, ect.)

"Do not use if you cannot see clearly to read the information in the information booklet." -- In the information booklet.

"Caution: Remove infant before folding for storage." -- On a portable stroller.

"Beware! To touch these wires is instant death. Anyone found doing so will be prosecuted." -- On a sign at a railroad station.

"Choking hazard: This toy is a small ball." -- On the label for a cheap rubber ball toy.

"Warning! This is not underwear! Do not attempt to put in pants." -- On the packaging for a wristwatch.

"May irritate eyes." -- On a can of self-defense pepper spray.