Added another to the stable (pic)

Well, I've had so much fun with my '03 CR85RB that I decided to get another! Stumbled upon a deal I couldn't pass up. She's a '98 with all new top end (head, jug, piston and all). Renthal bars, chain and sprockets, EBC brakes, Pro Circuit silencer, V Force reeds, and new Michelin tires. This baby is ready for the trails and in great shape for a 12 year-old! Not sure if I'm gonna hang on to my '03 for buddys to ride or sell it to a lucky rider (can't tell yet which is faster, guess a friendly drag race with somebody my weight will settle that). What says you of my new snag? Here's a pic of both, one I got today at top.

utf-8BSU1BRzAwOTkuanBn.jpg

CRhome.jpg

Both are nice bikes for sure! Just remember speed wise the 2.5cc wont do a whole lot there. with the big wheel, they use a larger rear sprocket to equal the larger tire diameter.

the 85s have the advantage of being more equal on both sides with the tank shrouds there and easier to find graphics for. Dont know if that is a big concern for you.

Both are nice bikes for sure! Just remember speed wise the 2.5cc wont do a whole lot there. with the big wheel, they use a larger rear sprocket to equal the larger tire diameter.

the 85s have the advantage of being more equal on both sides with the tank shrouds there and easier to find graphics for. Dont know if that is a big concern for you.

Nah, I've always been a bigger fan of performance over appearance. After all, the '03 plus 85s right shroud is fake anyway! Took the '98 out for its maiden voyage on my land earlier and am impressed with the rebuild quality and power. It's got a 14 tooth front sprocket and 51 tooth rear, so it's a good middle ground compared to my '03 with 15/57.

Gear ratios between those are way diffrent.

Id keep the 85. I had a cr80 and wasnt a big fan of my 98 big wheel, Jumped on a yz85 and never looked back.

I assume you're talking about the internal transmission ratios? Can't imagine the difference being great enough to cause a problem with the casual riding that I do. I've ridden both for a few hours now and honestly haven't noticed anything other than the '98 having a smaller rear sprocket and a little more top end. It's solid, was re-built well and is just as much fun as my other.