My interesting weekend trip??????

Figured I would share my interesting weekend with everyone since I get a kick out all the stories posted on TT. Hope it's not too boring.

This weekend, the wife, the three daughters and I went up to my father-in-laws cabin on the Cedar River in NC Iowa. I've had the itch to take the 'L' on a road trip for some time so I asked the wife if I could take the bike up on the blacktops and then throw it in the back of the Ridgeline on the way home. She gave me the OK.

I took off about 1 1/2 hrs before they did since they had interstate roads and I knew I wasn't going to rush it. It was 186 miles from my house to the cabin and other then my tailbone bitching me out by the time I got up there, it was a good time.🤣🙂 I get up there, we have a blast and then it was time to come home.

Was expecting some heavy rain so I had a blue tarp that I had in the trunk of the Ridgeline. Loaded the bike up and then put the tarp on it and tied it down good thinking that would keep the tarp from shredding on me going 70 mph. Headed south and the wind was out of the south. Stopped the first 10 miles and all looked well. Checked it again after 25 miles and looked the same. Then I get on the interstate and am heading West so the wind is hitting the bike at a goofy angle but appears to be fine in my rear view mirror. Everything is looking good but after another 20 miles I decide I better give it another look.

I get out of the truck and looked back there and knew it wasn't going to be good.:banana: The tarp was just fine from the front and over the handlebars, but after that it was shredded and the shredded tarp was getting twisted on things it shouldn't be and whipping the side of the bike. It got wrapped around the loop on the chain for my tool pouch and tore it up so my manual, my registration and insurance card were gone along with a back up clamps, some wrenches and whatever else I forgot I put in there. It whipped the white side panels to the point they were blue along with the rear fender. It broke the license plate bracket and bent the rear turn signal. I am quite sure had I gone another 20 miles, there would have been all sorts of broken crap on there. I spent 25 minutes out in the rain trying to cut the tarp off with my wife's fingernail clippers and getting it untangled in my bike. Finally got it off and headed for home.🤣

The bike did look appropriate for the holiday since it was red white and blue and I should have got pictures but wanted to make sure I didn't hurt anything else. I thought I had it tied down enough that it wouldn't happen but didn't take into account the wind I was driving into.

SO that is my idiotic story where I had a brain fart of epic proportion. I hope it made someone laugh.🤣

That sucks. no doubt about it. My weekend.....decided to go to Bluff Creek OHV park. first time going there. make a long story shorter....GPS took me through Bussey, they were having a parade. small town iowa, one road in, one road out. the road i needed to take out. was blocked by the dang parade. spent 20 min in that stupid little town driving down single lane roads with cars on both sides, suprised my neck doesn't hurt from looking side to side at the mirrors to see if the trailer was gonna make it. it was tight. went down a dead end. backed up a half block with cars on both sides. Needless to say i was pretty pissed off by the whole thing, so i took off on the road i came in on and ended up hitting some gravel. well on saturday it was hotter than a popcorn fart and dry. i was anxious to get to the park, was probably over-driving the gravel. the gravel dust was covering the bike and the trailer, i was on the phone, looked back every so often and all of the sudden "TIMBER" bike fell over. Funny thing is. did more damage to the trailer! bent the trailer fender and scuffed the paint. By this point i was furious! All was great when i finally made it to the park. except the fat pig fell on my wrist. now my hand looks like a latex glove with air in it.

• 2 weeks later...

OK so I'm trying to found the tool bag that bolts up to the rear fender that I destroyed with the tarp. Found one on ebay for $80 but otherwise I am having troubles finding one to replace the torn up one. Anybody have a tool bag they replaced when putting a rack on the back or have a spare one you would be interested in selling me????

Or have a link to a site to find an aftermarket one? Tried googling it and I got all sorts of bags but nothing that I was looking for.

thanks in advance.

OK so I'm trying to found the tool bag that bolts up to the rear fender that I destroyed with the tarp. Found one on ebay for $80 but otherwise I am having troubles finding one to replace the torn up one. Anybody have a tool bag they replaced when putting a rack on the back or have a spare one you would be interested in selling me????

Or have a link to a site to find an aftermarket one? Tried googling it and I got all sorts of bags but nothing that I was looking for.

thanks in advance.

AKAROB here on TT makes a nice one,,,tell him Brian sent ya:thumbsup:

Paging Rob,,,Rob to the courtsey phone please:lol:😏

B

I like them. I am not quite sure why I couldn't find that when I was looking. Thanks

AKAROB here on TT makes a nice one,,,tell him Brian sent ya:thumbsup:

Paging Rob,,,Rob to the courtsey phone please:lol:😏

B

I went to the TT parts store but couldn't find the bag. I would support a fellow TTer if I could be smart enough to find the bag. Do you have a link?

I found this bag at Pep Boys for 14 bucks. It's a Bell bicycle handlebar bag, but the stock plastic base out of my old bag fit perfectly!

1924344828_ORIG.jpg

I like the looks of this one too. I might have to see if we have a Pep Boys here in Des Moines.

Thanks for all the replies 😏