batt mod

However you do it, it's a great modification on a dizzer. The bike growls into action as if you touched an electric prod to the balls of a bull. There are three reasons to buy the Eddie Bracket:

1) Iit's an effective, secure ,clean looking result without having to waste time with fabrication.

2) You get a chance to do business with the legend himself who runs his business like Charles Ingalls from Little House on the Prarie.

3) If ever you go to sell the bike you can point out the bike has been modified by Eddie Sisneros. Just hope no follow up questions are asked!!

4) You can usually get Eddie to throw in a Sisneros Speedworks Sticker which will get you laid more often than having Johnny Depp as your riding partner.

I cut the back out of my factory battery holder and *gasp* used a big hose clamp to hold the battery. This worked until I noticed rub marks on the back of my battery from the tire *GASP*🙂. I then fabbed up a sheet metal plate with tabs all around sized to fit the outside of the battery box. After some careful calculating how much I could cheat the battery out I drilled holes and used pop rivets with the head inside the bat box so the lump is on the outside. These face to the front and rear of the bike and rivet the tabs of the metal to the sides of the plastic holder. Now even if the tire does make contact it is rubbing steel.

The flaw in MY original design was that although the hose clamp held the battery secure with no danger of falling out it could still slide towards the tire 3/8" as the clamp was not holding the battery against a stop of any sort.

Once the plate was added it worked fine with the big hose clamp until recently (a year and 7000km) when I switched to a Turntech LPH battery and now my only issue has been filling up all the extra space so the smaller battery doesn't flop around. Now in the process of finding the perfect sized plastic box to wedge in behind the battery to hold tools and things like epoxy steel that are rarely needed but sure nice to have along in emergency.

Edited by slowriding
removed incorrect credit for method, sorry for any confusion

thanks i was planning on something along the pop rivet route and if that doesnt work zip ties and and duck tape bought the bike off ebay a month ago and only rode once bad batteries

invest in a battery tender. And do the "Free Power" mod. Batteries last much longer.

1: The point is to get more juice

2: It's not the bracket which is the clue, it's one part of it

3: Do the re-wireing(free power mod)

4: Get a real(no faki-faki) Yuasa 10 amp batt

5: Secure it with the bracket from Eddie.

6: If you go bigbore/stroker , try turning the engine with the oem batt...

My 440 turns over fine with the stock battery, when its cold out its a little bit slow for my liking but its never left me stranded. Free power mod was done too if that makes any difference 🙂

Try it with a 470 without any auto decomp in the cold :banana: