Two Stroke Oil?

I have a 2000 KX250, and have been using Yamalube "r" at 32 to 1. I'm happy with it, it works great, but it's only sold at one location here in Billings. I noticed that O'reilly's autoparts carries Lucas two cycle oil. They're right around the corner from my house, open on sundays, and the price is good on the Lucas oil.

Anyone have any experience with it? Should I give it a try?

I've ran alot of oils and alot of folks have their opinions. But the truth is, you really can't go wrong with synthetics. I've never liked any conventional oils. We strictly run Amsoil Dominator. Never had any issues, motor is very clean, no powervalve issues, etc.

Plus, you can become a preferred customer on line and get very good prices.

I've ran alot of oils and alot of folks have their opinions. But the truth is, you really can't go wrong with synthetics. I've never liked any conventional oils. We strictly run Amsoil Dominator. Never had any issues, motor is very clean, no powervalve issues, etc.

Plus, you can become a preferred customer on line and get very good prices.

Thats the stuff! I've ran Amsoil Dominator and Interceptor for around 5years now, never had a problem with it or anything, 🙂 two thumbs up for Amsoil :banana:

What ratio are you running the dominator at? A friend recommended 50:1 but that sounded pretty lean to me. Will be running in KX-100 and YZ-125.

This Maxima chart is a good guideline IMO. I have nothing against Amsoil, but their recommending 50:1 for every application doesn't make good sense to me.

http://www.maximausa.com/tech-tips/oil-migration.php

I have posted lucas oil threads and searched the forum, and I still do not know if there's a difference between the lucal oil 2 stroke oils that are sold

any of you lucas 2 stroke oil users, how are the top ends and powervalves looking? No sticking? No abnormal wear?

also, anyone know how to tell the difference between these two? The quarts look identical

"SEMI-SYNTHETIC 2-CYCLE HIGH TEMP RACING OIL"

"LUCAS SEMI SYNTHETIC 2-CYCLE OIL"

they even have the same packing number, anyone have a UPC code for the racing oil ?

My local auto parts stores sell "LUCAS SEMI SYNTHETIC 2-CYCLE OIL" and I honestly cannot figure out if this is the same as the racing oil, I think it is.

I am not sure. The bottle is semi-transparent. Again I have run two tanks thru and is smokes less than while using Yamalube. Just know if I could get Yamalube closer to my house I would, but I am thinking Lucas will work just fine.

I am not sure. The bottle is semi-transparent. Again I have run two tanks thru and is smokes less than while using Yamalube. Just know if I could get Yamalube closer to my house I would, but I am thinking Lucas will work just fine.

This is the one I was wondering about:

http://www.lucasoil.com/products/display_products.sd?iid=290&catid=17&loc=show&headTitle= - Lucas Semi Synthetic 2-CYCLE Oil

I went ahead and picked up some more Yamalube R in the mean time...maybe I'll run the Lucas in my weed eater.

Edited by bgjames111
added text