is my clutch going?

finally took my first ride on the 400e yesterday after my 3x3 mod and ditching the coast enricher system. bike ran awesome just that my clutch was acting up. it feels like its slipping in second and third when first shifted and under power it sometimes wont shift into second and third. it could be that the clutch wasn't adjusted right because it was still grabbing slightly when clutched with one finger. so this could be the whole problem or it could just be that its time for a new one. I'm really worried about the shifting under power, maybe its the way i was riding it because Ive been riding my 07 rmz450 allot lately and haven't ridding the 400 all summer yet or its because its going out i hope. whats a good replacement clutch i should install? i want something good money really isn't a issue.

if it has free play at the lever and is slipping under heavy load the clutch is done.

if you have it adjusted with no free play at the lever to try and counter act a dragging clutch due to a hammered clutch basket then that will cause it to slip.

finally took my first ride on the 400e yesterday after my 3x3 mod and ditching the coast enricher system. bike ran awesome just that my clutch was acting up. it feels like its slipping in second and third when first shifted and under power it sometimes wont shift into second and third. it could be that the clutch wasn't adjusted right because it was still grabbing slightly when clutched with one finger. so this could be the whole problem or it could just be that its time for a new one. I'm really worried about the shifting under power, maybe its the way i was riding it because Ive been riding my 07 rmz450 allot lately and haven't ridding the 400 all summer yet or its because its going out i hope. whats a good replacement clutch i should install? i want something good money really isn't a issue.

The oem clutch is ok as replacement..

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/oem.asp?partcategory=433303&manufacturer=5&category=3&year=2007&model=10138