RM 80 not getting any spark

I just got a 1984 RM80 that wasn't running when I got it. Im not able to get any spark from the spark plug, and I have a brand new spark plug. I am curious on how I can test to see if I have a problem in my stator, coil, or cdi. I know that the 1983-85 models are all compatible but was curious if anyone knows about the compatibility on the CDI's, coils, and stators, if i would have to follow those years on everything or if there is some interchangeable parts for more than just those few years. Any input or help would be highly appreciated.

If I was a betting man, I would put money on the plug cap or the stator. First make sure all your wires are good and no smashed wires around the lower triple tree stops. Unplug all your quick connects and clean any dirt out of them and snap it back togather.

OOOOOmmmm meter. I do not have the book on this bike, someone else will need to chime in and give you the readings. You unplug the stator wires and test both coils and the pick up coil. If they are not in speck, change the stator. In the 80s the stators were not very strong and 99 times out of 100 it was a bad stator.