Anyone ride in Troy Mdws yet this year?

I spent Saturday and Sunday in the Troy Meadows campground for my first time. Yes the water is running in the campsites and all trails were open besides sherman peak jeep trail (I think that's what it was called).

Damn it's beautiful up there right now. Mosquitoes are definitely out but other than that I don't think it could get better. We rode 50 miles in a day and a half and saw 3 other groups of riders and 1 hiker.

I just spent 4 days there. Water is on in all the campgrounds and all trails were open except Sherman Pass and North Meadow 4x4 trails. I was told that a 4x4 club was coming up this week to clear all the downed trees off those trails, though, so they should be open by next week.

Conditions were fabulous (except for the non-stop whoops) and the meadows are simply stunning right now. Flowers everywhere, and every meadow had water running through it...

P1020108.jpg

P1020069.jpg

WoodsChick

Just got back from Troy Overflow, 9th thru 11th. Yes, mosquitoes are pretty thick (nothing a little DEET can't handle) and yes, we had a rattlesnake strike at us on the trail...(nothing some Gaerne's can't handle)

Ps., it also DUMPED rain on Saturday from 4AM - 4:30 AM and again at approximately 11:00AM.

Got back yesterday, hail and T-storms, a little wet, but better than a dust bowl:banana:๐Ÿ™‚ A big thanks to all who helped clear the trails! Rattlesnake was fun and not too crowded (except for our large group). OFF is a must, the blood suckers were out in force.

Probably. I am not sure anyone else in there right mind would roll with 20 Riders:lol: Is that the meadow with a few water crossings? Surprisingly we had a real good ride, just spread out. Very few mechanical issues. Good times!

I just spent 4 days there. Water is on in all the campgrounds and all trails were open except Sherman Pass and North Meadow 4x4 trails. I was told that a 4x4 club was coming up this week to clear all the downed trees off those trails, though, so they should be open by next week.

Conditions were fabulous (except for the non-stop whoops) and the meadows are simply stunning right now. Flowers everywhere, and every meadow had water running through it...

P1020108.jpg

P1020069.jpg

WoodsChick

Read your post before I noticed the poster, thought "wow, that guy was really into the scenery and he used FABULOUS!"

Sounds like several of us were up there the same weekend! Working on editing some videos right now. That was some serious rain/hail sunday afternoon!

Hoda, yes it was. I was in an enclosed EZE-UP with zippered walls and it really got put to the test at about 4AM Saturday morning. Glad to say, I was dry without a drop getting through. On Saturday, we had to bail out of Monache Meadow and into the heavy tree line to get cover from the rain and HAIL...but then it cleared up and was terrific riding the rest of the weekend.

Here's my stuff from this past weekend:

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=906232&highlight=

Read your post before I noticed the poster, thought "wow, that guy was really into the scenery and he used FABULOUS!"

Sounds like several of us were up there the same weekend! Working on editing some videos right now. That was some serious rain/hail sunday afternoon!

๐Ÿ˜ Yeah, I think it's ok for me to use the word "Fabulous" ๐Ÿ˜

I've got video footage of me dropping back down onto Sherman Pass Trail from the vista point on the main road. I'll post it up if I ever get it from my riding buddy.

You guys that got the rain while there were really lucky. I'd have killed for some precipitation while down there. I've been there before in the rain and it was...well, fabulous:smirk:

100_0928.jpg

WoodsChick