what 09 450?????????

im 16, 5'9, 140lbs, and a b rider. i have a somewhat smooth and technical riding style. im thinking bout moving up from my 06 crf250 to a 450 but i dont know what 450 i should get. i used to ride a 08 yz250 befor some punk stole it(i loved it to), and ive rode a couple kx450f's but its been a while, and ive never rode any other brand 450's. so u guys think u can give me your opinion on what 450 is for me, oh heres a vid if it helps...its kinda old though.

well when i get one i will prolly have the suspension redone regardless of the brand. i like smooth power, i dont like to shift much, i tend to stay in one gear as long as i can(possibly throw on a slip on depending on the brand). for handling, there are to things i hate-head shake and high siding. if the bike is nimble and doesn't head shake or high side then im happy.

You look like a good rider from the video. Like they said you will get a hundred different answers. From what you described that you wanted I think a YZ450f would be perfect, yes I have one but from my experience it is exactly what you want. Power is so smooth it feels slow, valves typically last the longest with proper care of course and the suspenion is best right out of the box. When I race I difinately can keep it in 1 gear longer than my previous bikes. Hope this helps.

yeah i was leaning towards the yami but still not sure, i know what i want in a bike but i dont really know the characteristics of them though, and most importantly people say one bike does something better than the other but the question is how much better, cuz ive owned 06 yz250f, 08 yz250f, 08 yz250, 05 rm125, and 06 crf250r...as far as handling, they all fell about the same with only small differences, the biggest differences is the suspension, ergos, and powerband's in my experience.....also its not which stock bike will suite me best, because i will getting the suspension done and maybe a slip on and change the gearing to my liking, any more opinions? the more the maryer lol

Where are you at in FL? I'd be glad to let you take a spin on my rmz. I usually ride at seminole since the hare scrambles are over. I'm on my second rmz (had a 05 now have a 09) and I love it. I have a full exhaust, revalve, triple clamps, etc (all the bolt on stuff), and I couldn't ask for anything else. On every other bike I have had I was always looking for the next part to add, but this bike I am completely content.

i live in citra, its just north of ocala, i usually ride at bostwick, pax, waldo, hard rock and some other places when i get the chance, but me and my buddy have been wanting to go to seminole for a while though. where u live?

Hondas and kawis have very hard hitting power that will rip your arms off. I dont like the feel of them tho because they feel bulky and hard to turn.

Yamis and suzukis have a much more smooth and controlable power delivery. They are also easier to turn. I tried out both 2010s when my dealer got them in and these two both turned amazing.

I would suggest the suzuki or yami

Hondas and kawis have very hard hitting power that will rip your arms off. I dont like the feel of them tho because they feel bulky and hard to turn.

Yamis and suzukis have a much more smooth and controlable power delivery. They are also easier to turn. I tried out both 2010s when my dealer got them in and these two both turned amazing.

I would suggest the suzuki or yami

Depends greatly on the year.

For example, the '09/'10 crf450r will "out turn" every other 450 on the market and it's also the lightest, feels like a 250 2 stroke.

But it's a trade off, the chassis may be nimble, but it's also "nervous".

i live in citra, its just north of ocala, i usually ride at bostwick, pax, waldo, hard rock and some other places when i get the chance, but me and my buddy have been wanting to go to seminole for a while though. where u live?

Miami, Seminole is a great track (actually 2 tracks). It's pretty fast and flows great.

basically i want a bike thats as nimble as possible and turns good but doesn't head-shake easily. i like long smooth power, and good suspension(but im getting it redone regardless). so which ever bike i could achieve these traits easily (by spending the least amount of money) would be best for me. im thinking the maybe rmz450 but not sure

Depends greatly on the year.

For example, the '09/'10 crf450r will "out turn" every other 450 on the market and it's also the lightest, feels like a 250 2 stroke.

But it's a trade off, the chassis may be nimble, but it's also "nervous".

Maybe with a tone of adjustments or something, but i would classify the honda as the 3rd best turning bike in its class. Ive road all 4 manufactures 250s and 450s for about the last 5 years. I work at a dealership in the parts department and when we get in new bikes the dealership will let us racers take all the new bikes out for a spin on the track. Its really easy to tell when you ride all 4 back to back. I know what im talking about. While honda has improved the overall feel and handling of their bikes over the years, it still does not do justice to the suzuki or yamaha in the corners. Hondas also have a hard hit...which cord mac isnt lookin for

basically i want a bike thats as nimble as possible and turns good but doesn't head-shake easily. i like long smooth power, and good suspension(but im getting it redone regardless). so which ever bike i could achieve these traits easily (by spending the least amount of money) would be best for me. im thinking the maybe rmz450 but not sure

That would be a wise decision. Great handling and one of the easiest riding 450s on the market. The thing has power, but its controllable and doesnt rip your arms off. I love the feel in the corners and thats why I switched to suzuki a few years back. I used to be a kawi guy, but figured out that all 450s have more power than most people can use. Might as well buy a bike that can turn and handle as well

Maybe with a tone of adjustments or something, but i would classify the honda as the 3rd best turning bike in its class. Ive road all 4 manufactures 250s and 450s for about the last 5 years. I work at a dealership in the parts department and when we get in new bikes the dealership will let us racers take all the new bikes out for a spin on the track. Its really easy to tell when you ride all 4 back to back. I know what im talking about. While honda has improved the overall feel and handling of their bikes over the years, it still does not do justice to the suzuki or yamaha in the corners. Hondas also have a hard hit...which cord mac isnt lookin for

I don't want to start a pissing match here, but have you rode the '09/'10 crf450?

The only reason I ask, is because in stock trim, the '09/10's have ZERO hit, none, zilch, nada... The motor is actually quite boring' til you throw a cam, hc piston, exhaust, and remap it.

btw, what kind of dealership lets their employees test BRAND NEW bikes fresh out of the crate!? What's the dealer so I know to never buy a bike form them, lol.🙂

In the past month I've ridden all the new 10's (rmz was an '09) and I have to greatly disagree with your above statement.

I don't want to start a pissing match here, but have you rode the '09/'10 crf450?

The only reason I ask, is because in stock trim, the '09/10's have ZERO hit, none, zilch, nada... The motor is actually quite boring' til you throw a cam, hc piston, exhaust, and remap it.

btw, what kind of dealership lets their employees test BRAND NEW bikes fresh out of the crate!? What's the dealer so I know to never buy a bike form them, lol.🙂

In the past month I've ridden all the new 10's (rmz was an '09) and I have to greatly disagree with your above statement.

Yes i road a crf 450 just this spring. Along with all 450 and 250 10's. Im not giving out the name of the dealership cuz ur bashing us, but we have a test day/customer appreciation day every year. Last year we sold over 500 bikes total, we have an arenacross team, sponsor hundreds of amateurs...so one demo here and there doesnt hurt. The dealership sets out a few of each bike and even the general public can come and ride them on our track. The workers just get a little more time to test them out. You may disagree, but I still think the honda has a harder hit than the yami and suzuki.

And just for ur info the test bikes never make it to the show room. They just sell with the used bikes and are marked as demo's.

Yes i road a crf 450 just this spring. Along with all 450 and 250 10's. Im not giving out the name of the dealership cuz ur bashing us, but we have a test day/customer appreciation day every year. Last year we sold over 500 bikes total, we have an arenacross team, sponsor hundreds of amateurs...so one demo here and there doesnt hurt. The dealership sets out a few of each bike and even the general public can come and ride them on our track. The workers just get a little more time to test them out. You may disagree, but I still think the honda has a harder hit than the yami and suzuki.

And just for ur info the test bikes never make it to the show room. They just sell with the used bikes and are marked as demo's.

Weather you guys like it or not, ill put tons of $$$$$ on it that their not the only dealership that does this. And id also bet unless you took your bike out of the crate that you werent the first person to ride it.