OTD price for YZ125?

Its not great, but maybe as good as it gets.

One other option is used. These are reliable bikes (after the shift stopper is fixed) so you coudl add a 144 kit to anything 2006 and newer and end up with a killer machine!

EBAY has a brand new 2009 in Georgia for a 4950 buy it now.

If you dont have to pay sales tax and can pick it up, you save a little....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-YZ-Yamaha-YZ-125-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4cf03ac464QQitemZ330447897700QQptZUSQ5fmotorcycles

Its up for bid and opens at 3k, so bidding might save a lot!

Thanks, that bike is actually used although barely. I don't mind a slightly used bike either but it sure seems like these bikes are hard to find.

What is wrong with the shift stopper?

On th e05, 06 and 07 the stopper fell apart and damaged the tranny.

It was fixed on the newer bikes. No big deal, just buy the 20.00 part and switch it out on te holder ones.

And buy used, if you can. Then have Eric gorr drop a 144 kit in it.

Well to compare when i bought my 07 rm250 for $4800 otd a couple of months ago. They had also an 07 rm125 for only $3600 otd. It was very hard to walk away w/ only one of them!:banana: With that being said I know yz125 go for more and some think are better but the question is r they $1800 worth better.🙂 Imagine what mods you can get w/ the extra cash. I know I would send the suspension out, get 144 kit, bars/ levers for my comfort, oversize front rotor.......🤣

I think its worth more than the rm 125. The yz is more durable, will have better resale, and was the top 125 for many years running. The rm was not. Its a good bike, but not exactly in the yz 125's league.

Well it looks like the price is now $5000 otd. I guess the guy does want to sell it. It still feels like a lot of money for a 2008 but I don't think I'll be able to find a better deal. Since this includes shipping across two states it might actually be a really good deal. I guess I have to do it. I've never owned a modern 2 stroke, I hope its as much fun as everybody says!

• 4 weeks later...

So I pulled the trigger and picked it up for 5k otd. After the break in and first ride I was seriously questioning my decision to purchase it. This was mostly from my lack of 2t riding ability. Coming off of a 450f onto a 125 requires a significant change in riding technique. Now that I have a few rides on it though I am completely obsessed with this bike and cant believe how much fun it is to ride! When I ride my 450 I am now blown away by the power delivery however it comes with a big price. It feels very overweight and cumbersome in comparison. I am so impressed with how light and agile the 125 is I am now considering trading my yz450f for a new yz250! I love riding and enjoy both 2 and 4 strokes but I am very pleased with my new purchase and just may be a complete 2t convert.