LTZ no start

just finished rebuilding my LTZ 400 from the bottom up. i put it in the fram got everything ready to go, filled the carb with fuel. and went to crank it over and nothing. after awhile i got a couple "putts" out of it like it was trying to start but still nothing. so as my last resort i tried some either and still nothing. its got good spark carb has a dynojet kit and i have a yoshi slip on. it ran fine before the rebuild and now nothing. anyone got any idea's?

Start with the basics. Check the compression. It should be at least 120 psi. Check the spark plug. See if it is wet or otherwise fouled. If it's wet, you probably have something wrong in the carb that's causing it to flood. If you have spark at the plug, good compression, and it won't run on starting fluid, you may have a timing issue. Heck, it's Summer. Pull that motor out of your Cat and drop that in there. Yeeee Haaaww!

Yeah man I have been thinking about putting one of my spare motors in there for some time! but after seeing a couple vid on youtube i am thinking about picking up a CBR 600 and putting the motor in my quad. anyways i have done most of the basic checks and everything seems to be checking out. i pulled the plug the first time and it was soaked so i put a new one in and tried it and nothing pulled it out again and it was dry so idk *** is going on. im gonna go though the carb again and see if i can figure it out. thanks for the reply

no i got it running. i pulled it around with my truck for a bit with someone sitting on it with it in gear and it fired right up for some reason. it would not start by cranking it over but it honestly only took about 3 feet with it in 3rd gear to bump start it and it ran fine. i am suprised it is stil together with no problems since i did all the work on it ( only 17 years old ) oh well we will see what happens in the long run but for now its running awsome! now to start the whole process over again with my CR 125