Insurance for Multiple Vintage Thumpers in GA

Hey Guys (and Gals)

What is everyone doing for insurance???

I have a few vintage Honda's that are dual purpose (ex SL100, XL, CT, etc {not to mention my other vintage bikes}) that I wouldn't mind tooling around town... I'm only one rider... It's impossible for me to be on 7 bikes at once!!! My newer bikes are insured with Progressive... Not to bad on rates... A quote from Hagertys (there supposed to be good at collectors and this sort of thing) just for an SL100 was more than a regular insurance company...

So, short of bending the law and just swapping plates around, what you suggest???

Thanks so much in advance!

AP

Edited by APAudVid
typo

Call around, all the protection agencies... sorry, mafia bastards.... ahem, ruthless sons of...

Let me rephrase, damnable sorry sacks of poo are different as to how much money they want to extort from you.

I don't get it either, if I insure one bike it's $75/year. Two bikes is $150/year. Now to the best of my knowledge having only liability coverage which only comes into play when I'm riding a bike, the premium shouldn't double on account of the fact that I only have one butt. I've never tried, but I'd bet if I attempted to ride both bikes at the same time, I would violate the terms of my policy.

However, my gf's second bike doesn't cost her a dime more in insurance - a really sweet deal, unless you consider that she's forced to pay them in the first place.

Your mileage my vary, everything is different in different states.

Call around, all the protection agencies... sorry, mafia bastards.... ahem, ruthless sons of...

Let me rephrase, damnable sorry sacks of poo are different as to how much money they want to extort from you.

I don't get it either, if I insure one bike it's $75/year. Two bikes is $150/year. Now to the best of my knowledge having only liability coverage which only comes into play when I'm riding a bike, the premium shouldn't double on account of the fact that I only have one butt. I've never tried, but I'd bet if I attempted to ride both bikes at the same time, I would violate the terms of my policy.

However, my gf's second bike doesn't cost her a dime more in insurance - a really sweet deal, unless you consider that she's forced to pay them in the first place.

Your mileage my vary, everything is different in different states.

I can see that you were being easy on the low life c---s-----g s===of======s. Every now and then I'll insure two bikes at once, but normally I only keep one covered and call the agent before I want to ride a different bike. They will change vehicles on the spot and send a card or you can go pick it up. They keep info on ea. vehicle so the next time you change you don't have to give all the info again and of course keep the cards for next time.

That's the only way I've found any relief from their s--t.🙂

That's not a bad idea. I feel envious of the people who live in NH. Their legislature couldn't be paid off to mandate liability insurance.

In PA, not only is the gov't in the Ins. Co's pockets, they even run advertisements warning that "insurance fraud is a crime". Well, I gotta tell ya, some of the things the insurance companies have done should be criminal if it's not already.

When I was younger, I had one bike, a street 550. Awesome machine, I still have it as a matter of fact. I paid $250/year for insurance. Well, one year the premium was due and I didn't have the cash. Being a responsible individual that I was, I decided to park it. The following year I called the ins. co. back to get a new quote: $520! Same coverage. There is no good reason to double my premium for not renewing the year before, except for the simple fact that they can.

I'm gonna stop there, it's best you don't get me started on insurance companies. At least not on auto or health "insurance", I have nothing against home owner's or renter's insurance companies, or any insurance where one is not required to pay it by law (or by company policy - which may as well be law). Very few people have the cash on hand to qualify for "self-insured".