My first top end seize :(

well ive been riding my 05rm250 just about every day now for months and its been running great.

on the 4th of july i was riding easy in 2nd gear and i heard a small piston slap noise come from the engine, i immediately killed the engine and kicked it over a few times with my hand

on the 3rd kick it seized........🙂

pics to come this weekend when i tear it apart

Yeah,,stuff wears out,,hopefully not to expensive...but that's a part of owning any machine,,spend a little work time on the bike is a good thing, it's just to bad that some parts are so expensive...but ,, as far as fun per dollar,,An RM is a very good bargain,,,,well, tear it apart, and lets see what happened.......Dr.D..

yea, im hoping its just like a ring or a pin or something, i just replaced the reeds with boysen power reeds and repacked the silencer, my plugs have been running brown, and ive been using 40:1 klots super techniplate. and i regularly change the air filters and oil with atf-f,the same amount comes out that goes in (650ml)

but like i said im gonna try to tear it apart this weekend if i get a chance and hope my cylinder looks good, i think i caught it before it could do damage:bonk:

,the same amount comes out that goes in (650ml)QUOTE]
should be about 750ml coming out.

A brown plug doesn't mean it isnt running lean. could be a bad crank seal sucking a little oil and a lot of air or it could be jetted rich with a lean intake side. you'll have to wait and see.

Not if he is only putting in 650ml see he quote

650 or 750, lets just call it 700🤣. Hurry up and get that baby tore down, we need a new project to analyze 🙂. I'm sorry we have to spend your money, its not fair, I know. But look at it this way, all the advise is free :banana: