CRF250 SHOWA USD fit '97 CR125/250 hub?

Hi! I am in the process of installing two (2) USD forks from an '05 CRF 250R into my XR650L and XR400R bikes. I am using All Ball's special bearings to accomodate the CRF stem into the XR. I have access to a couple of '97 CR125 front hub, rotors and calipers. The concern i have is if i can use the CRF Showa forks with the '97 CR hubs. I know the earlier CR's use Kayaba forks so this may be an issue. Does anybody know? Thanks!

I have 47mm USD Showas on one of my XRR's and 46mm Ohlins from a Cannondale on my other XRR, and I used axles and calipers from a '97/'98 CR500 (from 46mm USD Kayabas) on both. IIRC, I think that the caliper mounting changed in '04, but you should be able to source a new carrier easily enough. I am pretty sure that the axle is the same 20mm size, so the hubs should work, but the spacers may need some work, I'm not really sure. Hopefully someone else can chime in with a more definitive answer, or you can try asking on the CR/CRF forum.

I am using 99 cr125 (.50 Kg) forks on my 650L. Also have 00 CR250 (.49 Kg.)forks. I have wheels for a crf450. The fitment of the cr125 and 250 are the same between the two CR's (clamps, lower guards, brakes, axle). I checked both forks to my setup and the wheels with new spacers fit the same. I had to make new spacers for the crf450 wheels. But I don't know if I was sent correct wheel spacers. There could always be mix ups with used parts. Didn't really care to check into the bushings, because I had access to make new ones. Just aligned the rotor into the center of the caliper bracket with wheel spacers.

Hi! I am in the process of installing two (2) USD forks from an '05 CRF 250R into my XR650L and XR400R bikes. I am using All Ball's special bearings to accomodate the CRF stem into the XR. I have access to a couple of '97 CR125 front hub, rotors and calipers. The concern i have is if i can use the CRF Showa forks with the '97 CR hubs. I know the earlier CR's use Kayaba forks so this may be an issue. Does anybody know? Thanks!

Replace the Disc side wheel spacer with the CRF part. 🙂