Un-Cork

these bikes essentially are a power wagon full of potential, but in order to see this, they need to bemodifies from their factory state, or "uncorked." What it is, is opening up the intake, opening up the exhaust, then compensating for the arflow with the jetting in the carb. how this is done.....removing the plastic pieces from the airbox, piece 13 and 14. and replacing the restrictive intake boot with a more open one. The exhaust can be opened up one of two ways. use a hole saw and remove inards, or purchase the other tip that bolts in. last step is to change teh jetting from stock to a base of 175main and 68s pilot.

http://www.qsl.net/n5nj/pig/uncorking%20the%20brp.htm

http://www.xr650r.net/nonepa.html

Absolutely, if you add a real exhaust and some new jets, you can easily triple your low end torque. There are dyno results to prove it. That stock silencer is pretty heavy and restrictive and just removing the baffle does not make it better, just louder.

Cool, Thanks for this, is it possible to "un-cork" a XR600?

im' new to the XR600 scene, but i do not think so,from what i understand the XR650R gets "uncorked," the XR650L gets "Daves Mods," and the XR600 gets rebuilds, JK i really don't know i guess there are some welds in teh exhaust pip that can need to be ground out if necessary, but i havn't heard much for the XR600

Absolutely, if you add a real exhaust and some new jets, you can easily triple your low end torque. There are dyno results to prove it. That stock silencer is pretty heavy and restrictive and just removing the baffle does not make it better, just louder.

I beg to differ, especially with the baffle that was in my XR650R exhaust, removing it totally changed the bike into a deadly weapon.

I have a Arrows full Stainless system for the bike (already fitted), and I am guessing if i open up the intake on the airbox will help as well, a new K&N air filter and then its a matter of a re-jetting?

Open up the intake and exhaust which allows more fuel and air which in term means more power as long as jetting is good, skip the K&N Filter as all they do is help dust the engine.