Bike Carrier Recommendations? (Hitch style)

Looking for a good hitch style carrier for my bike (250 4T). There are a lot of options out there. I hear some are junk and some are really good. Anyone have any advice on a good one that will keep the bike secure and not hurt the hitch on my truck? (or warn me on any junky ones I should stay away from?) thanks.

This is one I have and I love it! I have used it 2-3 times weekly since March and it does great! The only thing I am going to do is...install turn signals. You can see the turn/brake lights on my truck, but I think the additional lights will catch people's eyes even more.

http://www.discountramps.com/dirt-bike-hitch-carrier.htm?CAWELAID=298240484

37294_809328402460_22919490_45734020_5686953_n.jpg

This is one I have and I love it! I have used it 2-3 times weekly since March and it does great! The only thing I am going to do is...install turn signals. You can see the turn/brake lights on my truck, but I think the additional lights will catch people's eyes even more.

http://www.discountramps.com/dirt-bike-hitch-carrier.htm?CAWELAID=298240484

Heh, the link is to a different model carrier than the one you posted

I have the 2 bike version of this carrier. It's decent enough but sags quite a bit with a 200 and a 125 on it, about 9.5" from the ground. It didn't bend and lasted through a 4 day trip with the bikes being mounted overnight so I guess it did its job. Was about $200 shipped on ebay.

Hia All,

Quick question.

I'm looking for a hitch mount carrier to carry a bike with an SUV. Really want one that has a gas can attachment so I don't have to carry the can in the vehicle. I found three that have these -- Sarge Industries, JoeHauler or Ultimate MX.

Any ideas or other thoughts. I prefer the rail setup versus the Ultimate MX approach since I ride woods and breaking a foot peg is not outside the realm of possibility.

Thanks