broken dirtbike

Depending on how much more is wrong with it... best possible scenario I would imagine you could probably get it running for around $700-800 total, thats if all it needs is a piston rings and crank... Id imagine if the crank is seized so is alot of other stuff, and even if it did run after the crank and piston it probably wouldnt be very reliable!

That bike probably needs a ton of work, around here you could find a running bike from that year for around $800

I think you'd have to do the work yourself to stay in budget. I would pass, and focus on getting a bike that needs little or nothing.

If you've never bought a turd to "fix up" you don't realize how much more the project costs in reality than what your initial estimate, x2 has been my usual experience.

Id pay 275$ for it. Only because i would do ALL the work myself and i get discounted parts.

Throwing a Crank Kit,Piston,Rings,Gasket kit And then Deciding on Cylinder. It could be locked up because the crank blew apart or piston shattered throwing peices into the bottom end.

It wouldnt be that hard but again i wouldnt want to put more than 500-600$ in it total hoping to see some profit down the road.

Assuming your not doing the work your looking at less downtime and $$ Buying a good condition used bike but on the flip side everything would be fresh on this one.