value of complete engine ttr 150.

What would you guys think a complete engine would be worth on a parted ttr 125. It was rebuild last year with a new 150 bbr cyl , piston, hot cams stage one cam. lightened flywheel. no elect start. custom shifter. less than 25 hrs on it. runs great .??? NO ISSUES.

socal, HOW DID YOU SHIP THEM? I know you sold alot of parts for the bike . Iv'e taken most of the parts off and im trying to decide whether to sell it stock or just part it. seems parting would bring the most $ but more trouble. I took the yz front the works shock, tall seat, procircut pipe. and if i can find the old skid plate .......the frame cradle.....do you have and old skid plate??? That and the old air filter and the plastic cage thats in it. I have the mounting plate but not the stock filter and cage.

I parted everything and shipped them via USPS. I don't know if the post office is cheaper than UPS, but it was closer to my house. The easiest way is to sell about three items a week so you don't get overwhelmed with shipping unless you have some who can help you or are super motivated. Either way parted it is a lot faster than selling it complete. With the economy, not many people are buying bikes. Maybe if it was stock and pretty cheap. You you will be amazed on some of the prices you will get on stuff. Plastics, tanks, and wheels go for a lot. Pretty much everything will sell except for the stock forks and airbox.

I've shipped several motors in large plastic ice chests. You can get one for about $30-40 that will work perfect.

Shipping is going to be expensive too so make sure you get a shipping quote from your chosen carrier so you don't set shipping price too low.

I work for FedEx. That being said, I highly recommend shipping FedEx.

However, that's only part of the problem shipping the motor.

First, go get a Styrofoam cooler that the motor will fit in and the lid will completely close. I suggested this to someone else and he bought a hard sided cooler, that's over kill.

Drain all the fluids, I recommend leaving the drain plug out for a day or two, sometimes it takes a while for the oil to completely drain and you can't rely on the motor remaining in your desired orientation.

Next, get a card board box the cooler will fit snugly in, but close completely. Do not get a gigantic box and just toss it in there, it's pointless.

Put engine in cooler, it won't hurt to stuff some newspaper in as well, this will keep it from moving around and will absorb any remaining oil.

Put the lid on, use duct tape to seal it. Don't go easy on the duct tape, it's cheap and it's light, you can't put too much on.

Put the cooler in the box. Write down the recipient's name and address and stick that in the box. Seal it with decent packaging tape. Not duct tape. While I don't think FedEx will charge you for using duct tape, other carriers will. I worked for them too years ago, my job was to make sure people were paying for what they were shipping and that carrier which will remain "unnamed package service" charged for duct tape sealed boxes as well as using too thin a material if it was shipped in plastic.

Address the outside of the box and ship it.

Do not waste your time putting arrows, fragile stickers or any other BS on the outside of the box. I've found that 95% of the stuff that's damaged is shipped in over sized boxes with little to no packing material and almost always it has a million fragile stickers on it with directional arrows on every side, hand written "do not bend" and "top load only" and many times the box has the structural integrity of a paper bag. I'm all for reusing boxes, but there comes a time when you need to recycle the box, not reuse it.

I buy a plastic crate from Lowes or Home Depot for the motor. The motor fits perfect and they cost about $7 or $8, I add that in to the cost of shipping. I bolt the flaps shut and Gorilla glue a piece of cardboard on the top for the shipping info, because for whatever reason tape doesn't stick to the top. The only issue is it's getting harder and harder to find good sturdy ones.

Tell me about it. I bought about 10 of those a few months ago at Lowe's. They didn't fit in the trunk stacked, so I separated them into two stacks of five. That's when I noticed that two of them were already cracked.