RV converter ?'s

I know alot of guys have put these in thier enclosed trailers. I've got a 09 6x12 that I want to run electric in. I seen where guys are running convetors to wear it will charge thier batteries while the genarator is hooked up. I talked to a RV shop and they made it sound hard and expensive to do. Just wondering if it is or are they trying to get me tto pay them. If it posible for me to please list the parts I need. I want to run a portable ac, small tv and some lights. Thanks for any help.

Check this out: http://www.bestconverter.com/4000-Series_c_138.html

This, or something similar, is what you're going to find in most campers/toyhaulers. You supply it with 110 vac and it converts that to 12 vdc, which in campers is used for lighting, small exhaust fans, water pumps, etc. It also provides a battery charging circuit...for the battery you'll install for use when you're operating w/o a 110 vac power source. You put 110 vac breakers in it and wire out your circuits for 110 vac outlets (for A/C, TV, microwave, etc.). Most new campers use a twistlok receptacle on the outside of the trailer, and you use a removable power cord to connect to either your generator or shore power supply. Its not a difficult install if you have electrical wiring knowledge. Most RV shops will sell you this equipment, or its available online.