Mysterious substance found in fuel?

I was doing a fuel test to make sure everything was operating ok, so I put some antifreeze in a glass jar then took fuel directly out of the carburator bowl and put that in with the abidreeze and let it settle out. Looking at it there was the coolant on the bottom then a thin layer of a clear liquid with some particles flowing around in that layer. The. Above that was the gas and oil. Anyone know what this liquid and particles were? I don't think it's water.

I isn't water because I did the same thing again and put water into it and it settled out below the coolant instead of on top. And what about the stuff in it? I would do this because my bike isn't running correctly and I was hoping to find the reason in the fuel.

I was doing a fuel test to make sure everything was operating ok, so I put some antifreeze in a glass jar then took fuel directly out of the carburator bowl and put that in with the abidreeze and let it settle out. Looking at it there was the coolant on the bottom then a thin layer of a clear liquid with some particles flowing around in that layer. The. Above that was the gas and oil. Anyone know what this liquid and particles were? I don't think it's water.

looks like you have a cruddy tank. take it of, remove the petcock and flush it out. let it dry for a day, and throw it back on. the tank isnt immune to getting crap in there through the filler hole and vent hose. you will also get dust particles built up in the carb from having a dirty filter. those particles can migrate to most of the carb over time if not taken care of. FWIW, my tank gets removed a few times a year, as does the carb for thorough cleanings. especially in dry dusty conditions.

Cleaned everything having to do with the gas tank and this test was to make sure that nothing was screwed with in my bike. People think it is funny to pit stuff that doesn't belong I'm my bike... Believe me it has happened before. I went away for a few days and wanted to make sure no one put anything in this time. The coolant is what I heard by someone would help seperate the gas and anything else in it. This is what I heard. But everything should be fine now. Thank you all who helped