first post, need help, 2001 cr 125

i have 2001 cr 125, has good compression, starts third kick no matter the weather, after the bike is warmed up and i take it for a little spin its supper gutless and sputters and barley gains speed, when i shift to 2nd and rev it, it will eventually go away and the bike will be fine ish through 2nd-5th, but as soon as i gear down to first, turn, crack on it, sputter and bog while my friends 01 kx 125 on the back tire flys past, again shift to second and bike has normal power, however if in first i give it small revs then crack it it will have full power.

bike has a fmf pipe, v force 3 reads.

at first i thought jetting was to high so i went from 360 to 340 and still same problem, needle is at the 3rd notch and i think the other jet is 50?

help??

i have tha same bike... when i got mine it did tha same thing. so i did my homework. there's a couple things i did and helped like night and day. i opened up tha slots on tha side number plates for better air flow along with a 1/2 hole in tha sides of tha airbox itself, 05 intake boot, opened up tha air screw on tha carb, modded tha powervalve. tha bike doesnt really have much bottom end its a 125 you know, but just those to things helped me out a lot so tha bike dont bog. here is a great write up about our bike.. it helped me a hole lot when i 1st got mine. good luck... http://twostrokemotocross.com/2009/05/budget-racer-2001-honda-cr125/

• 3 weeks later...

In addition to the wonderful advise above I would replace the plug ( if you have not already) I would clean the carb. check the fuel lines and recheck your jetting. If that didnt help I would do a complete runthrough of the bike clean the exhaust repack silencer check air/fuel mix look at Reeds clean air filter check electrical.

I hope this helps.