Summit County Motocross track UPDATES

After the Board of Commissioners approved the OHV Park (including a motocross track) on the Dillon area in Summit County CO, lots of people have been working on the area.

I will share the most recent updates on this thread to keep you inform on what's going on.

Also If you live in the area or have any up-to-date additional information regarding this project please feel free to post your notes HERE.

Thanks.

Update 7/9/2010

"We have SCORR reps out there every day, after work on week days and afternoons on Weekends.

Still, an RSVP helps us all, and if you have not turned in a signed waiver, it is attached. Bring the signed waiver with you only one time and give to me, Dave Love, or Brian Wray.

RSVP to me at mary@jnjmoto.com or 970-485-9351 or to Dave Love: 970-389-3626

Some helpful tools to bring:

Safety glasses

Chain saw

Work gloves

2lb sledge hammer, a small hand saw for wood or small ax: We are knocking off the slash from cut dead trees, the limbs are dry and most snap off easily, but a small tool is very helpful.

Be sure to wear Long sleeves, long pants, sturdy shoes and bring water.

We can start putting together fences and need

Battery operated drills with 3/8” bit

Generator for re-charging the drills

I hope you can join us!"

Update 7/5/2010:

"Our goal is to get all the dead trees out of the learning/kids area this week.

Please let me know when you can come and help. if you can come earlier any day, please just let me know. After touring the project and signing the liability waiver for volunteers, you can go any time.

We have been cutting them down, removing the slash and then sizing for the buck and rail fences.

Some helpful tools to bring:

Safety glasses

Chain saw

Work gloves

2lb sledge hammer, a small hand saw for wood or small ax: We are knocking off the slash from cut dead trees, the limbs are dry and most snap off easily, but a small tool is very helpful.

Be sure to wear Long sleeves, long pants, sturdy shoes and bring water.

We can start putting together fences and need

Battery operated drills with 3/8” bit

Generator for re-charging the drills

I hope you can join us! The big track is almost built, but no riding yet. At this point it is dangerous, but soon we might have work/ride days!"

track.jpg

Edited by Zeek78

Kudos to SCORR.....a model for OHV access groups!! Interesting that the seemingly biggest concern to the homeowners is noise;

"John Fitzgerald, president of Summerwood Homeowners Association — which opposed off-road use because of the noise — said the group developed a “very good plan.”

Hopefully the residents won't be let down........

Great news Zeek. I live very close to Watkins and I would drive up to ride just because it is a great area. What golf course is that in the lower right corner of the picture? I figured they would have been the biggest complaint.

Are there going to be noise limits enforced at the facility, and if so has it been decided what db limit will be adopted?

I only ask because one of the newspaper articles alluded to low-noise requirements, with a comment to the effect of "as long as the bikes aren't any louder than these we should be ok"

Are there going to be noise limits enforced at the facility, and if so has it been decided what db limit will be adopted?

I only ask because one of the newspaper articles alluded to low-noise requirements, with a comment to the effect of "as long as the bikes aren't any louder than these we should be ok"

I'm sure they will enforce low db mufflers, but we all know how loud a track is when more than one bike is around... I hope it's all good 😏

Some more news...

Area is looking good, great progress.

Here some updates from www.jnjmoto.com

"WOW – huge thanks go out to the Summit County Road and Bridge department’s Vic Schroeder and Phil Houghton, and John Polhemus (JP)!

If you see them around town, be sure to give them a big “Thank you!”

They have made great improvements in extending Cemetery Road, created our parking area and built an unloading dock. You can’t miss it on your next volunteer work day. Very Nice!

Our motocross park will be something the entire county will be proud of!

Coming soon – work/ride days. But – please, no riding yet.

Every day there is progress towards opening. We have a few dedicated volunteers who are working daily: Dave Love, Tim Powers and Brian Wray. If you see them, thank them, too! Better yet, work with them to express your enthusiasm.

Please come and help out – if it will be your first volunteer day, just RSVP to Mary Patterson at mary@jnjmoto.com or 970-485-9351 or to Dave Love: 970-389-3626. We can meet you almost any day and time to show you around.

Workdays: Every day, just RSVP and someone will meet you there.

We are still clearing trees out of the beginner riding area and preparing the logs for buck and rail fencing."

Looks like the track is almost done!

From JnJ Motosports

Thu 7-22-2010 "we hope to be riding as soon as next weekend. Please come and put in a few hours of work. you can find info on work days at www.jnjmoto.com. and now you can pre-purchase your track member season pass"

"Purchase your Tenderfoot Track Club pass to the world's newest motocross track! get paperwork at www.scorr.org and bring signed papers and payment to JnJ Motorsports!"

Get the registration Form and Track Rules & Regulations HERE

😏

Well, my previous question about sound requirements is answered on the registration form. They specify the 96db state limit. I don't necessarily disagree with that requirement, but just want to point out that is going to preclude many motocross bikes from riding this track unless the rider specifically fits a 'quiet' muffler or insert, or if it happens to be one of the newest bikes where manufacturers are now speccing quiet pipes from the factory.

As a point of reference, my bone stock '05 525EXC tested a little over 96db, and my CRF is closer to 100db with the stock pipe.

"Hello all you motocross enthusiasts!

Come on out and help us finish the track! We are making a big push to try to get open by next weekend, but we need more help!

This weekend Tim Powers will be leading crews –he’ll be out there after 6pm tonight (Friday) and after noon both Saturday and Sunday. You can call Tim with your RSVP, 970-389-8080, or just get out there and help him. And bring some friends! You can find updates on work days at www.jnjmoto.com and you can find photos of the track’s progress at our JnJ Motorsports facebook page. www.facebook.com/pages/Breckenridge/JnJ-Motorsports/127587743929224

Still more trees to cut so bring a chain saw, and there is more fence to put up.

If you have not seen the area lately, you should go put in a few hours just to check it out. We’re on the home stretch!

Another way to help: visit www.SCORR.org to download Track Membership forms, attached here as well. Drop them off with your payment at JnJ Motorsports or Silverthorne Powersports. If you are already a SCORR member you only need pay the track charge of $50. If you don’t know if you’ve got a current SCORR membership, just ask. I will send a park pass to you in the mail, so do this now before the rush 😏.

If you have not yet had time to help, now’s your chance! It’s going to be awesome!"

Also looks like a Summit County local shop is giving free jerseys (*) if you help on the track for 4 hs or more...

(*) "GO FAST PARTS is offering a free jersey (vallue upto $50.00) with a purchase of $50.00, to anyone who works 4 hours or more on the track. Just mention the SCORR track jersey offer. The free jerseys are adult large or XL and the quantity is limited so hurry in."

"Hello All,

Please remember there are guys helping build the new motocross track every day, M-F after work, but we are trying to get a lot of help this Saturday, July 31. Early birds will get coffee and donuts, with an RSVP you will get a nice lunch and beverages.

By the way, who said you could donate a couple cases of Monster Drinks or Red Bull? CALL ME!

You can find more information at WWW.JnJmoto.com

If you cannot help build the park you can help by purchasing a Tenderfoot Track Club membership, and forms are on our website.

More photos can be found on facebook, our JnJ Motorsports business page.

So far I have over a dozen volunteers committed for this Saturday, and we can keep a dozen more busy. With that much help we will be riding the next weekend. Please help! Please RSVP!"

• 2 weeks later...

8-6-2010 News

"Thank you to all who showed up last week.

Visit www.jnjmoto.com for updated work day information. We are Sooooo close to opening….

Note: We need to find a wood chipper to chip the slash! Call Dave Love or me if you know of a someone who could donate some chipping time.

If I have five RSVPs for tomorrow, Saturday August 7, I will bring lunch.

Visit us on facebook to view photos from last Saturday’s productive work day:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Breckenridge-CO/JnJ-Motorsports/127587743929224 "