need a little help with bike purchase

hello everyone, well last year I had a 06 ktm400exc and sold it because I felt it was kind of hard riding in the tight rocky slow trails here in pa.now I'm itching to get another bike but don't want to make a mistake,my buddy wants me to get an atv like him(ltz400) I like two wheels always have.now I was looking at the 250f's but did'nt now which one would be the best are far realiable.I'm just a casual trail rider no mx.my budjet would be around $3-$4000.any suggestion's would be great.forgot to mention I'm 5 10 and 185lbs.

Thanks Frank:thumbsup:

Edited by frankt

ktm 300 or yz250, I couldn't choose so I got both! But seriously don't get a quad as your main bike any shitbum can look like a hero on a quad after 2 minutes of riding. I think a 250f will be light enough for you but it'll be a step back power wise,, but much better handling .

by power I ment that you will be giving up alot of torque on a 250f, It wont have as much of tractor pull kind of power as your 400. The bikes mentioned above are not blindingly faster than yours, their just lighter with very trail friendly motors for fast or slow riders.