Goldlake to Downieville

I was up at Gold Lake June 25-27. We camped at the 4x4 campground. There was still quite a bit of snow up there. Couldn't really get any riding done except for the trail that takes you back to the regular campground. It was kind of a bummer, oh well. We tried taking the trail that takes you to Snake Lake 4x4 campground, but about 1/4 up the hill it was a wall 2' high of snow. Basically we rode up a hill that had about 4" deep of water coming down it and finally hit the snow wall. It is very pretty up there though. I would imagine that most of that snow is gone by now. We had temperatures around the 80's during the day up there.

I'll be up around Dville and Sierra City starting tomorrow for several days of R & R and to watch the Downhill Classic. Saddle Tramps playing in Dville Saturday night, be there.

Those guys still playing out of the firehouse? I volunteered (with dave wood) to help out at the race a couple years and had an absolute hoot.

I did the race on a bicycle a few times also, with a top 20 overall finish (2nd in expert vet).

I think the saddle tramps are awesome but my fiancee doesn't get the joke and thinks they're misgynist dirtbags, lol.

She said she won't roll in the hay

with me until our wedding day

i knew you'd understand........๐Ÿ™‚

Those guys still playing out of the firehouse? I volunteered (with dave wood) to help out at the race a couple years and had an absolute hoot.

I did the race on a bicycle a few times also, with a top 20 overall finish (2nd in expert vet).

I think the saddle tramps are awesome but my fiancee doesn't get the joke and thinks they're misgynist dirtbags, lol.

She said she won't roll in the hay

with me until our wedding day

i knew you'd understand........๐Ÿ˜

Yep, they threw up a stage in front of the firehouse and psycho-rocked the place till after 11 p.m.. My wife loves them, thinks they are great musicians, I just nod and smile...

We volunteered for various duties for the Stewardship and the race and had a blast, we'll volunteer for their trail work days this fall too and get some riding in then and build some allies with that whole group when it comes time to deal with the Forest Service about the trail system up there.

Here is a formal dare!

Post a ride up.

Any ride. But it has to be Downieville.

You pick the day. You pick the time. You pick the location.

I double dog dare ya! ๐Ÿ˜

No dont post a dv ride up. Most people here do not have the skills to ride there without f'ing up the trails. My neighbor is begging me to take him there and he says shit like, "I can ride anything, I might not be fast but I can get up anything." Those are not the words one wants to hear before they take someone to a place like dv. How about things like, "I promise not to dig ruts, go off the trail, tear shit up, or film myself tearing shit up."

Like I was saying, most people here do not have the skills to ride dv without destroying it. Even you slyko. Especially you. Dont post rides to places like this. If no one has ever shown you this place then it is probably because you do not deserve to see it.

I can almost guarantee that the two guys that showed slyko this place on two separate occasions regret it! Hell, I regret showing slyko some stuff. Funny thing is. I bet someone regrets showing someone around french meadows. When will people learn. Slyko shouldnt be allowed above 1000'

...Most people here do not have the skills to ride there without f'ing up the trails. My neighbor is begging me to take him there and he says shit like, "I can ride anything, I might not be fast but I can get up anything."...

:cheers:

Oh. Wait. Hey!

๐Ÿ˜

๐Ÿ˜

i will take you to dv anytime naga. even if you are the only person I know that has dropped their bike off one of the trail side cliffs.

Hey. I need you to make me a sticker. I hate those calvin "piss on" stickers but i think a piss on Mohammad sticker would be awesome. We just have to think of what we can make him look like since no one has any pictures of him

Rare enough to never be repeated - damn, my head still hurt the NEXT weekend...

WornSprocket, you know I did NOT fall off that bench trail, I was pushed. Some Wiley Coyote YZ dude.

Didn't some smart@#$ come up with a grading system to figure out if you were good enough for DV? ๐Ÿ˜