possible cylinder head gasket leak????

the other day i was sitting on break at work and i was looking over my bike like i always do to pass the time and i noticed what looks to be oil around the cylinder head gasket....🙂 but it doesnt go all the way aroun the cylinder, only the left and right sides and maybe an in or two going around the back. it could have been there for awhile! the bike has been running just great, starts with a half-smack or the button and doesnt smoke. i changed the oil about 700 miles ago and everything was normal. im just not sure. theres no other oil anywhere else so maybe its just nothing, any suggestions are welcome.

cheers logan

DSC00111.jpg

Is that a crack or just a casting flaw at the back of the head about a 1/2 inch above the head gasket?

Are you sure that it's not oil running down and traveling around the head gasket?

its a casting mark.

i went through with a flashlite and could not find anything......that being said i will have to double check once my wife is home to watch the kids. it doesnt continue back towards the carb, so i guess it could be coming from something upfront. possible t some oil fro-fill could have made its way somewheres and then traveled there over time.?

by the way everything feels,sounds and taste i guess your probably right .

yeah i guess it could be coolant. i has been very hot here the last few weeks and im sure coolant has made its way somewhere other then the rads. just because i dont see a trail doesnt mean its not there right?

If oil leaks past the valve cover gasket,,, around the spark plug hole, it will run down the spark plug well, and out the drain hole (right above your "wet spot") easy to wipe off / wash away the line of oil. dribbling down but the oil stain and wet gasket stays..

could it bee a possible result if there might have been too much oil in the motor?