How to pound out wheel bearings

Read all the threads and everyone says pound em out! Unfortunately my rear bearings do not have enough of a lip, that I can catch, to pound them out. Seems to me, I will need a bearing removal thingy. Any other ideas, so I can get this job done tonight. Thanks

This is often covered in those posts.

You need to knock the bearing spacer off to one side to be able to pound out the bearings. Insert a large screwdriver or similar item about halfway thru the wheel hub and then pry sideways on it to move the spacer out of the way. After you get the spacer moved over a bit you should be able to get a punch on the inner bearing race. The spacer will fall out after you remove the first bearing. There is a snap ring on one side of the wheel that locates the bearings. I don't remember which side it is on but I think it is the right side. Pull the seals out first and you should be able to see it easily.

Don't forget to install the bearing spacer again before you press in the second new bearing.

Exactly, Move the middle spacer tube to one side and get a Flathead or something you can pound on hard at a point (A Punch).

Try not to damage anything and...Nvm you do have a Ktm = Circlip type retainer.

And its not a bad idea to Grease the Bearing cartriges before install, many cases have found minimal grease inside new bearings.

Hey thanks a lot. My search did not find any mention of the spacer bar needing to be pushed off to the side. I didn't realize the only thing keeping it centered was the pressure from the bearings. I do notice spacer bar seems a tad long measures 121.6mm. Will do a search. Reason for changing bearings was that they would not spin at all. I wonder if the center spacer bar was the cause?? thanks again. Seem to be getting slightly better at this motorcycle maintenance. At least my last tire changes went smoothly. Kevin

The spacer is supposed to be 121.5mm long so at 121.6 you are very close to the correct length, close enough to believe that the difference is within the manufacturing tolerance.