will this fit on the drz400sm

If you need a shortened DRZ-SM kick stand, I have one I'm willing to part with.

For sure, the kick stand for the DRZ-S (and I guess the E) will not fit the SM (length between notches for the springs is shorter than on the SM and the rear notch is on the wrong side). I have one of those too. 🙂

If you need a shortened DRZ-SM kick stand, I have one I'm willing to part with.

For sure, the kick stand for the DRZ-S (and I guess the E) will not fit the SM (length between notches for the springs is shorter than on the SM and the rear notch is on the wrong side). I have one of those too. 🙂

Why would you need a shortened SM side stand? Did you mean to say a shortened S side stand?

Besides the two other items I mentioned previously, in comparison with the SM stand, the S stand is also just a tad longer. Plus the stands have different part numbers.

I'm short. So opted to have the bike's suspension lowered (to accommodate my 29-inch inseam). Which meant the bike's lean angle on the stand was wrong. So found a welder who shortened the stand. But almost 3 years later, I had to replace the OEM rear shock and went with an aftermarket one but forget to ask about the shock's height adjustability. Since it had none, I found the lean angle with the shortened stand too great. So had to return to a stock length stand.