Clutch noises

Sounds like my clutch is loose or moving around. ( knocking noise) but when i take it apart all steeles and friction plates look fine. changed oil, and looked around for something in there that shouldnt be. noise isnt really loud, but it doesnt sound normal. Any ideas on what this could be????

These engines are very noisy. You probably have the stock pipe, which is so quiet you can hear lots of scary noises.

I agree, the first time I heard a new on run I thought it was blown up, the piston made so much noise. That could be what you can hear and not the clutch at all. 🙂

• Like 1

It is a strange noise. Pull the clutch lever, no noise. Release the lever and it is a little tick noise here and there. Cover off reveals nothing. Did find some JB weld from previous owner due to the mag cover hole that was patched. The JB was obstructing oil vane to the shaft inside the basket, no discoloration found on the rod or other visible parts. My bike next to his has zero noise. I found the sound interesting, not really a metal on metal tick. Hard to explain. Wondering if the actual clutch has anything to do with it, springs torqued to manual specs.