Smoke

i have a 2008 kx250f and when i start it up it blows a small amount of somewhat dark but very light by smoke standards. my oil leval is always the same could it be my carb because sometimes when i start it it makes a loud backfire sound as loud as a gun. i am thinking it is the fuel i am using it is purple fuel as i am on a largr farm but if it is the problem i could buy premium fuel.

i thought that could be a possibillity but i dont hear avy wierd valve noises. and has anybody else had bad luck with purple fuel its the same thing as the reguler fuel so there are 2 that have higher octane at the gas station.

Look at the smoke, If it black and dissappears quickly its un burnt fuel. If its rather white or bluish and foggy and doesnt evaporate quickly its oil.

At startup id assume its fuel because of the the choke or throttle pumps.

The Black smoke upon startup that dissappears quickly is fine. And a backfire occurs when you kick it slowly on the compression stroke, As if you were kicking slowly to get to the compression stroke but didnt know you were already on it.