which springs

hey I have a 09 kx250f and i think i should get new springs for it. I weigh 140 with gear. The stock suspension was way to stiff for me. So i messed with the clickers on the forks and i've got it almost where i want it. But the next time i put new seals in it i think i should get the correct spring rate for my weight. I set the sag in the rear and the rear is pretty good. Its just the forks are too stiff. So my question is which springs should i go with. Where can i get less expensive ones? And where should i send them to? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

So my question is which springs should i go with. Where can i get less expensive ones? And where should i send them to? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

I went with FC in my bike, I think they were $90-$100.

Don't send them anywhere, just do it yourself, it's very easy. All you need is a fork cap wrench which is about 10-$15. 🙂

You don't ride naked so actual weight is of no importance.

It does when you quote numbers from a spring calculator like Racetech's who generate numbers based on no gear.

The recommendations above are for 140#'s (w/ gear)

Like mentioned above, not using Racetech's site. You just quoted 140lbs without gear

The calculator generates #'s based on the weight you input. If your 140 w/ gear, you put 140 into the calculator. It's not rocket science here....

Hahah, I didn't realize this would be such a difficult conversation 🙂

Here is step 3 from the Racetech calculator.

"Rider Weight (without gear): "

It states without gear because they add in an arbitrary amount to the number you input to give you the recommendation. It's no different than if you select the oversized gas tank option. If a person says 140 with gear then you need to subtract the gear weight before using the Racetech calculator.

For example, if I use your method of inputting weight with gear, Racetech recommends a 4.54 rear spring for my bike. If I do without gear they recommend a 4.40 spring. I own both and the 4.4kg spring gives me correct free/rider sag, the 4.5kg does not.

Mx-tech bases theirs WITH GEAR. If I input my weight with gear it gives me similar numbers to Racetech without gear.

thanks for the help guys. I have seen lots of videos and instructions on changing fork seals and when you take the springs off it is the same just put the new sprigns in right? im 130 without gear so i estimated 140 with gear. But i think with those slight differences i think they are the same springs right?