My TUF-performance 250 on dyno

So finally got to dyno my crf with all the stuff from Tuf

Cnc head with valves,springs retainer

Cam

14,5-1 piston

TB insert

Sunuco FR fuel

Stock header with Fmf Q4

I now have 15 hours on the eng.kit without any issues valves still in spec.

As you can see on the sheets the power delivery is very linear without any drops in the curve

that is also how it feels on the track ,it pulls everywhere like it was a 450:banana:

So this is how it looks after after mapping and about 20 dynoruns

06072010002.jpg

The readings seems high but compared to stock it is a 6,5-7hp increase(on this dyno) which is pretty impressive with the Q4 pipe

Actually the guy in the shop was very impressed and said that it was certainly one of the fastest 250 around here

06072010005.jpg

25032010.jpg

28062010.jpg

Thanks to Ron for support

In the end i think i spend my money in the right place

Kim

• Like 1

First off, excellent curve congrats, looks like Ron nailed this one big time!

What dyno was used in this test?

Great job Ron, there's just no better way to back up your work than a thread like this!

Edited by 455

Yes the readings is for some reason high on this dyno ,i asked him if it was the right numbers i was seeing , and he said that they recently got it calibrated and that the crf stock made around 39-40hp on this dyno

just after mine they ran a new crf150 and it put out around 26hp as far as i could see

So i guess that if you compare it to a dyno that reads 37hp stock you would see 43-44 hp

remember that i run oxy.gen race fuel

The name of the dyno im not sure about but i can see that the program is called "overdrive"

In the end the most important thing for me is that i am 100% sure that my a/f is optimized and im getting the most out of it

Kim

dynos read diferent this is why you here of the factory bikes making 46 hp the gains on this bike are realistic and thats all that counts but what also counts is the fact that tha dyno operator says its one of the most powerfull 250s that he has dynoed we have been making factory levell hp for years with reliability .thanks for the dyno curves today is a sucessfull day we like to here about how good our products work our honda parts are kicking but and we just got news that our yamaha project is a sucess and we are going to be doing all the components for a major yamaha race team:thumbsup:

Glad you like the bike, we put a lot of effort into that one. Also just FYI

FMF has now built us a special exhaust just for our bike. This pipe makes

the TUF kit even better. We have some of these kits with over 50 hours on them now without even as much as a valve adjustment. As far as dynos go the HP numbers are not as important as every dyno is different, what is important is the amount of HP increase which should be consistant on most dynos.

The shop who dynoed the bike also offer this type of engine mods, they work together with the italian team SRS honda

but at quite a different pricetag as the market over here are very small ,and only a few riders do much more than a cam an exhaust

So i was happy when he admitted that it was rare to see such a nice torque curve, and that there was really put time into getting the things to work together without any drops in the powerband

Kim

As far as reliabillity with the 14.5-1 i really dont know

you should be able to run pumpgas ,i can see your from belgium so you should be able to get 99oct (93usa) that is what it will need

Kim

The cam has alot to do with how your static compression ratio works with the gasolines octane also 250s spend the majority of there time above peak torque where maximum cylinder pressure ocurs the higher the rpms the less need for high octane fuel a slow rider pounding the bike around in deep sand would be more likely to hurt the engine than a very fast rider .Scott Venning has a 250 coming back to the shop with 100 ours on it it was inspected @ 50 and new rings put in .it will get the entire works this time around theses TUF hondas are truly living up to there name 50 hours on a 40 some hp engine and no problems .

sweet bro congrats. glad you finally got it done. the curves look just like mine came out which is just how you described power everywhere now. i was much happier too after i had it modded. different dynos so hard to compare actual numbers but the curves look just alike so i can imagine it is a blast to ride

hope you have many good hours with it, enjoy

H

how did you post the pics?? on the old forum i was able to post my dyno bc it had a add attatchment button and i could put the pic in, now there is no way to add pics. i wanted to post my dyno up to show how similar the curves were.

any help posting pics would be great thanks

H

Would be nice to see the curves compared

I added the pictures by copy/paste the img code from the pictures in photobucket

some time ago i made an account at their homepage, but i guess there is many other ways to do it

Kim

[ATTACH]13614[/ATTACH]

Heres a yamaha we just did for rock river racing check the curve out @ 6000 rpm it has as much as 5 more hp than a lot of other 250s i have tested there very pleased with it .ya wana race that honda lol.

That engine has some serious low end ,when comparing it makes at least 5 hp more than mine up to 8000 looks like a torquemonster

you must have put your focus on the low end there

It could be fun to test two such different engines at the track for a day

Kim