Excellent dealer and brand support

An update from a previous post. I found my powervalve pin in the sump and my exhaust cracked on the spot welds.

My dealer approached KTM Australia and they have covered them both through goodwill warranty My bike is an 09 300exe and is 18 months old.

It's absolutely fantastic that a brand will back up its goods when there is manufacturing glitches.

Big props to KTM, I might not buy another brand again.

An update from a previous post. I found my powervalve pin in the sump and my exhaust cracked on the spot welds.

My dealer approached KTM Australia and they have covered them both through goodwill warranty My bike is an 09 300exe and is 18 months old.

It's absolutely fantastic that a brand will back up its goods when there is manufacturing glitches.

Big props to KTM, I might not buy another brand again.

WOW, I tried to get KTM USA to cover my 09 300's starter that froze up with only 18 hours on the clock they said no go. Although the dealer offered to sell me a starter for $240. Then again, I wasn't the original owner. I think that had more to do with it than anything else.

That is a pretty good point... especially since it is so easy to fix, even for the average welder.

How many years has the pv pin been falling out. Great that they threw you a bone, but that is silly that they cant figure out to tack weld the darn thing.
  • Like 1

The thing I dont get is that KTM put excelent binder and hydro clutch, arguably the best stock stuff, on their bikes. Yet we have the air box and pv pin thing. I realize they are both easy fixes and I took care of them. But come on put a dang tack weld seal up the box. I dont mean to bitch, every bike has its little problems I guess. Overall I am really happy with my bike and dont feel the need to change, (maybe put a 300 jug on her someday)

That is a pretty good point... especially since it is so easy to fix, even for the average welder.