What to do? Yet another freakin handlebar question

Getting ready for a 3-day, 400 mile ride on my '04 S and I have got to do something about my bars. It's got stock bars and they are just way too low for me(6'3").

I recently bought the Zeta handguards from Forrest and got them with the brackets that fit the stock 7/8" bars before I realized I really wanted to change bars.

I figure I've got a couple options:

- Roxx risers w/ stock bars

- 7/8" high bend bars with no risers

- 7/8" bars with risers

- 1 1/8" bars with adapter/risers and replace the mounts for the zeta's

I'm trying to avoid spending money redundantly and kind of regret buying the 7/8" mounts for the zeta's, but I don't want to throw good money after bad. If I need to just eat the $36 and get the bigger clamps for the Zeta's, so be it.

Should I upgrade to 1 1/8"s now? or are 7/8" bars good enough? I ride mostly dirt roads/double track and a little pavement. Not really interested in tight technical woods riding or MX style track stuff.

I'm also a very new rider, so I don't have a good feel for exactly what I want. I just know that I can barely see where I'm going when I ride standing up cause I have to bend over so far.

Edit: Probably a total newb question, but is there anything I will have to replace if I swap bars because it will get destroyed during removal(throttle tube??).

Thanks!

Get the Rox risers they are awsome. They adapt for the fat bar or you can use them on the 7/8. Here are mine 3 1/2 rise with KX high Pro taper fat bars. Next bars will be higher yet. I am 6 foot 4 and like to stand when I ride.

If you are looking for a cheap route my previous bars were MSR atv high and they worked well. Like 60 bucks and were about as high as my bars now. They have a bit much sweep and need to be narrowed but I would recommend them as a cheap alternative. My Pro tapers and rox risers ran me 200 bucks I am not sure they are 140 dollers better. But I sure do like them.

100_0895.jpg

100_0894.jpg

Edited by mattz
Added picture and info