a real LOSS

I had the privelage of riding gifford with this couple last summer and more recently camping and riding east fort rock over memorial day. The two were close friends of one of my regular riding buddies. They were the "nicest" most considerate couple you would ever want to meet. Just curious if tt'ers knew them as well?

quote from the columbian.com

A La Center couple were killed when they were struck on their motorcycles by a 21-year-old driver late Saturday night.

Steven W. Dodd, 35, and Karey Brown, 34, were pronounced dead at the scene.

“They were just a couple hundred feet from where they lived,” said Sgt. John Horch of the Clark County Sheriff’s Office.

Horch said the motorcyclists were eastbound in the 1400 block of Northwest La Center Road about 11:49 p.m. and David Van Soest of La Center was westbound on the road. The initial investigation indicated that Van Soest had crossed the divider line, Horch said.

Van Soest was arrested on two counts of vehicular homicide. He was in the Clark County Jail on Sunday night with bail not allowed.

Van Soest and a passenger, whose name was not available, were treated for injuries that did not appear to be life-threatening, Horch said.

Referring to Dodd and Brown, “They were experienced motorcycle riders,” Horch said. He said they had both been wearing the appropriate safety gear.

“Alcohol and speed appear to be a factor in this accident,” Horch wrote in a press release.

this totally pisses me off, I have many freinds who also ride street(scott being one of them)who are out doing what they enjoy and some A hole not paying attention takes them.I just hope we dont lose anymore of our freinds to careless idiots:foul:

Two Amazing People

Steven rode a meticulously maintained crf 450 and karey rode a crf 150 that steven modified with an

xr 200 motor, looked like it was made by honda themselves:thumbsup:

http://obits.columbian.com/Columbian/Obituaries.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=143979193

http://obits.columbian.com/Columbian/Obituaries.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=143979192