What is the best exhaust for the 09?

Hey guys, I have been reading all of the different reviews for the exhaust pipes that are available for the 09 450. Dirtrider had an exhaust pipe "round up" and I believe MXA did as well, but I was wondering what people on TT have tried.

I had a Dr.D on my last 250f and I loved it, the power was incredibly smooth. Has anyone tried the Dr.D on an 09 450? What about other pipes?

MXA is usually spot on with their pipe reviews. Be honest with yourself about your skill and choose the pipe that is best for you. Also consider how loud it is. Some of the pipes will make your ears bleed.

I have tried most of the top exhaust brands over the years. I think the Akrapovic exhaust is the best overall system out there.....very good quality, very good performence, easy to install, low decibel (94db), looks good !

Negative: high price, Usually to big silencer for the american taste.

🙂

DSC_0159.jpg

MXA is usually spot on with their pipe reviews. Be honest with yourself about your skill and choose the pipe that is best for you. Also consider how loud it is. Some of the pipes will make your ears bleed.

Sure. I don't believe anything from a mag that says to take off your front disc guard or your disc will overheat and the brakes will fail.

Sure. I don't believe anything from a mag that says to take off your front disc guard or your disc will overheat and the brakes will fail.

MXA is spot on regarding the 2009 honda. maybe you dont need to worry about your front brakes getting hot, but for int/pro riders front brakes are pretty important.

As far as which exhaust, the Yosh gets the most praise in the industry for the 09/10.

MXA is spot on regarding the 2009 honda. maybe you dont need to worry about your front brakes getting hot, but for int/pro riders front brakes are pretty important.

As far as which exhaust, the Yosh gets the most praise in the industry for the 09/10.

I have heard that the Yosh is a great exhaust, however one of my friends has one and it is so damn loud. I did a search and am considering the PC t4r because I heard it is really smooth.

I also checked out the dyno for the Akrapovic and it seems impressive. Truthfully I think it looks the best as well but I wouldn't get one because of the price. I also am skeptical about the carbon fibre mount, it reminds me of the mount on the Leo's and I have personally seen 3 of those break.

I have heard that the Yosh is a great exhaust, however one of my friends has one and it is so damn loud. I did a search and am considering the PC t4r because I heard it is really smooth.

I also checked out the dyno for the Akrapovic and it seems impressive. Truthfully I think it looks the best as well but I wouldn't get one because of the price. I also am skeptical about the carbon fibre mount, it reminds me of the mount on the Leo's and I have personally seen 3 of those break.

I've had 4 akra-systems over the years and none of them have the carbon mounts cracked.

But I agree that the prices are very high !