XR400 NC to Colorado

I ride a 400. My local riding is done between elevations 500' to 2000'. In late August, I will be going out to ride in Ouray and Creste Butte CO. Can anyone make recommendations on how to deal with jetting for this ride? Rejetting is not a big issue. I just do not want to deal with it after I get out there.

I was in Co over the 4th of july, and I just went down one size on my main jet. Usual riding here at home is around 1000' and we were riding from 8500'-13500' in Co. There was still a dramatic loss of power at higher elevations but the jetting lets it rev through the power band like it should. that was on my 250 anyway

I live in Aspen for the summer and have my 2001 XR250 jetted for Virginia with a K&N air filter and FMF Powercore 4 pipe. I figured I would have to rejet it riding the bike out here (8000' and up) but haven't had to. There is definitely a loss of power the higher you get but it hasn't been much of a problem, it still has plenty of power to get around. I'm actually riding tomorrow from Aspen to Crested Butte. One thing to look out for is the cops in CB. If you aren't titled and plated when riding on the roads they will ticket you, make you push it down the road or get towed. The cops in Aspen don't mind much, people ride through town all the time unplated, myself included.