Servicing WP at home?

I'm considering a KTM, but I want to be able to work on the suspension at home. I currently own Yamahas and service the Kayaba components in my garage.

I did a few searches and keep seeing posts about vacuum pumps, bladder needles, etc., that scare me a little.

Is it possible for a backyard guy to work on WP? A list of the basic tools would be awesome.

Thx

its not that hard and you don't need anything special, a needle is used for the bladder in the forks, a presta valve core screws right into the shock resovoir and a schrader adaptor screws right on that. search for MOGs thread on it "cheap WP recharging" or something along those lines.

on the shock bleeding there is a great write up by PMK on KTMtalk its titled "shock bleeds 101 " I think.

Active ride did a recent thread on there as well about servicing the bladder forks.

almost the same stuff just with different fittings

while it is not that hard, its not easy, if you have done a lot of servicing of normal stuff it wont be terrible to learn, but i would recommend you do the forks yourself(easy) and send the shock out, the shock is hard to get working well on some older models(better on the new ones) and its just easier to send out, as you dont have to take the shock apart often in normal riding.