any frames out there?

hey guys. im trying to restore an 86 xr600r, but want to change the swing arm and use disc brakes. this would require welding the master cylinder bracket onto the frame....not real crazy about doing that. So im thinking about using a newer frame. does anyone have a 94 or newer frame they would part with? CHEAP???? thanks

i dont really want to screw up the 86 frame, plus i dont have the bracket, or know exactly where to place it. anyone have a bracket, and know exacly where to place it? if so, i'll go that route

havent really thought about getting a newer bike. i love the old twin carb models. and no Georgia does not title offroad vehicles so the vin doesnt matter. like i said before, if i could get a bracket i would probably go with that.

I have an 88 that a PO disc'd up. You also have to add the pedal stop and a disc brake pedal. I cut it all off and restored it back to drum. By the time you buy all the parts and do the fab and weld it would be more cost effective to buy the later model bike. My personal opinion is that it's not worth the effort.