Dr 650 Valve adjustment question

Is the T or the line before the T supposed to be in the middle of the window. I have found information that contridicted itself, one article said the t in the middle and the other said the line in the middle of the window, so which is it?

When I adjusted it I just put the t and the line in the middle of the window spliting the difference, the amount of movement is minimul like that, could not even notice any movement of the valves at that point.........HELLO!!!

Rick, Sacramento

Is the T or the line before the T supposed to be in the middle of the window. I have found information that contridicted itself, one article said the t in the middle and the other said the line in the middle of the window, so which is it?

When I adjusted it I just put the t and the line in the middle of the window spliting the difference, the amount of movement is minimul like that, could not even notice any movement of the valves at that point.........HELLO!!!

Rick, Sacramento

It makes no difference, pop your valve covers off and you will see that nothing is moving if you are in the correct revolution, so either or.

+1 From the manual "Turn the crankshaft until the "T" line on the magneto rotor is aligned with the center of the hole on the magneto cover." I think the key word here is line. The "T" just indicates what line it is. Now, will using either one to make your valve adjustments be OK? Yes... as long as you are on the correct TDC. 🙂

Edited by mx_rob