Bought an 05 XR650L! got a question or two

So I posted awhile back that I was looking for an XR650R.. but in the end I ended up going with the L...just seemed to be more of them around in better condition, not to mention the plating issues with the R.

Bike Had: 1700 mi.

Dave Mods & Jetting

Clarke Tank 4.0

FMF Q Muffler

Emissions Removed.. ect

D606's

K&N Air Filter

The guy gave me a 14 tooth which I put on after my first ride.. I was much happier with this gearing..even on the street.

Anyway I jumped it alittle the other day and noticed on landings it boged and almost died a few time. Scared me as it made me almost kiss the front fender!! jumps around 15ft... nothing crazy. It didnt do it everytime, and I noticed if I stayed off the gas more so than normal on the landing it wasnt as bad, or didnt happen at all. Bike runs flawless otherwise.

Jetting issue? or common for carb problem for this bike? Or just bogging/flooding to from too much throttle in to high of gear on the landing?

I've read some stuff about spline issues with aftermarket sprockets, any thoughts on that??

Anyway I really like the bike.. it is what it is..concerning peformance and weight, but I didnt buy for those things. I bought it to be a reliable explorer, and I think it will be pefect for that!