Confused about tube size

I am looking at ordering tires tubes but the sizes they list have me confused. What size tube for 90 90 21 front and 120 80 18 rear

http://www.bikebandit.com/michelin-off-road-dual-sport-ultra-heavy-duty-motorcycle-inner-tubes

get the HD 4mm tubes,,less chance of pinch flats..Michelin has them,they come in a large box,these are really thick and durable..

I use 90/90-21 front and 120/90-18 rear........your call:thumbsup:

B

Bridgestone Ultra Heavy Duty tubes, if you don't mind the weight.

The front was labeled "80/100-21" on the packaging but the tube itself is labeled 80/100-21, 90/100-21, 90/90-21, and 3.00-21.

The rear was labled "110/100-18" on the packaging but the tube was labeled 110/100-18, 120/90-18, 130/90-18, 140/80-18, and 5.10-18.

They are THICK but also very heavy.

if you buy a heavy duty tube, go with a slightly smaller size. when i got a d606 130/18, bought a 130-150/18 heavy duty tube. a lot harder to install these tubes, they are a lot thicker. when i changed tires, i could see quite a few folds, creases in the tube, that never unfolded with air pressure. i put my old regular tube back in. some of the hd tube makers suggest you go with a smaller size for this reason.

The ultra heavy duty worth it. I noticed, when two working together when changing tire is much easier, & less likely to pinch tube , since one can make sure bead is well in the slot of opposite side of other person prying. Also one person can hold tire open, after tube is laid in, to assure that it is not twisted. Literally feel all the way around to assure yourself tube is laying flat & relaxed. Much better feeling, knowing tube is in there perfectly and much better chance of a successful job.

• 5 months later...

Ok, even after reading this thread I am still confused by sizes of tubes vs tires ETC? There are some listed in metric and some by inches! Could someone tell me with stock tires on my XRL, what size tubes do I need to get for my spare set? Maybe give them in metric and standard? Thanks!!!

• 3 weeks later...
http://www.bikebandit.com/michelin-off-road-dual-sport-ultra-heavy-duty-motorcycle-inner-tubes

get the HD 4mm tubes,,less chance of pinch flats..Michelin has them,they come in a large box,these are really thick and durable..

I use 90/90-21 front and 120/90-18 rear........your call:thumbsup:

B

Those are good, but I prefer the Bridgestone ULTRAHEAVY DUTY tubes. They are almost a tire in themselves. 👍