3 wires broke on the bead of a tire

I have this pirelli scorpion tire which is the Mid soft 32 in a size 120/80x19.

It was one of the easier tires I have put on but the last four inches of tire bead that was left to go on the rim was not so bad.

When I got to the last inch and about a half the bead of the tire would not roll out and tuck under the rim. It just wanted to stay curled up and not lay flat. After about 30 minutes fooling with it, it finally went on.

I took it to the basement to put air in and i was trying to get that little edge to come out on the tire that sets right next to the rim and it wouldnt come on out at the certin section of the tire. I put about 40PSI in the tire when i inflated it to get the edge out.

I drained the air back out and pumped it up again but when I got to about 30psi the tire started hissing like i pinched the tube. I took the air back out and took the tire back off and noticed on the bead of the tire where the cord is there were three wires sticking up where they broke.

That was what poked my tube and made two holes but i patched the holes.

i was wondering if I took a pair of snips and cut those three wires off as close to the tire bead as i could would I still be able to use this tire?

it is just a section of about a inch and a half. It twas that same section that was giving me trouble when putting the tire on. i will take a picture of it tomorrow when there is more light outside and post it here to where you all can look at it to see if it will still stay on the rim and be used.

What's up Captain Knobby, how's the felon housing business going?

Not sure what to tell you about the tire. Maybe if you knew how many wires were left it may help to decide. My gut says it should be ok, especially it you're are just riding around at low rpm rotation. If I did use it, I would avoid high speed and any airtime until I could get another one.

Maybe put the broken section of the bead where the bead lock is, so it can help pinch and hold it in place.

It's a judgement call you're going to have to make.

What's up Captain Knobby, how's the felon housing business going?

Not sure what to tell you about the tire. Maybe if you knew how many wires were left it may help to decide. My gut says it should be ok, especially it you're are just riding around at low rpm rotation. If I did use it, I would avoid high speed and any airtime until I could get another one.

Maybe put the broken section of the bead where the bead lock is, so it can help pinch and hold it in place.

It's a judgement call you're going to have to make.

It's going good.... Although it gets a little crazy at times like the other day when This one Patient that was watching TV while on the wing (houseing unit) started to act like one of the fighters on TV.

They were watching The UFC on spike and Imate Gardner (about 5ft 8 inch and 160lbs) thinks he is bigger than one of the fighters on TV and starts flexing his muscles and paceing around the dayroom picking up tables and trying to get them over his head:smirk:

I told him to set down and watch TV or I was going to put him in timeout back in his room. He said ok but about ten minutes later he stood back up and was sizing his self up with one fighter on TV and went over to this other Patient that is around 70 some years old (Roscoe) and flexed in front of him and growled....................

Needless to say.....the last thing gardner seen was was Roscoe's cane 🙂🤣 The medical department and the Warden OK'ed for Roscoe to have the cane on the wing for walking purpose's and help him get around.

After this incident though, the cane was taking away and is kept in the officer's station as is giving to him only when he leaves the wing for chow,gym,Pillcall ect.ect.

That was funny as hell when Ol' gardner flexed and growled in front of Ol' Roscoe and then he took his cane and fraled him across the head with it.

Hell..... it laid him out for about five minutes:lol::banana: other inmates in the dayroom were laughing at what happened.

That was what poked my tube and made two holes but i patched the holes.

i was wondering if I took a pair of snips and cut those three wires off as close to the tire bead as i could would I still be able to use this tire?

Hmmm...I sure wouldn't use it at this point.

You dont think you could do like walkingwounded said and try to put it under the rim lock and see if it would lay down?

SANY0240.jpg

SANY0241.jpg

Here is why I said what I did. You have already had flat issues with that exact section. If you are just going on a track, then I wouldn't worry about it.

But..if trail riding the last thing I want to deal with is a flat especially when am anywhere from 10 to 70 miles from the truck, a house or a road. So I do anything I can to avoid a flat.