Husqvarna unable to provide MSO's for bikes over 5yrs old?

I spoke with a guy at Heinen's earlier this week. I bought an left over 04 TC450 a few years back but never received the MSO. I have tried a few times over the years to get it and they always say they will get it for me. Granted months go by by the time I get a chance during a day off to call them. I work during the day and I don't take care of personal stuff at work.

Anyhow, they tell me today that they doubt they can get the MSO because the new management may not want to provide an MSO before they took over the company?

I sold the bike a few weeks ago and I promised the guy that bought I would obtain if for him and I will do whatever it takes. I know that Motorcycle companies can generate a new MSO, it may take a month but I have never had this issue.

Any thought's on how to proceed? I am taking off early tommorow to call Heneins back, (they never call me back).

Thanks!

Tony

Thanks! I will look for their number. It seems like they would have turned those over to the new importer. You are most likely correct though. Thank you again:worthy: for the info.

Edited by tony_dt
No spell checker

Legally the BMW NA/HSQ NA folks who are the current importer can not provide an MSO to any Husky sold prior to mid 2008 production year.

Bobby, I believe as part of the deal with Cagiva as well as all the attorneys involved in the transfer of Cagiva/Husqvarna USA to BMW/Husqvarna NA... and as per American importation laws it was agreed that BMW/Husqvarna would be responsible for all historical paperwork of Husqvarna motorcycle products here in North America.

I might be wrong, but If I remember correctly that was one of the key sticking points that held up the transfer of Husqvarna ownership in North America between Cagiva/Husqvarna USA and BMW/Husqvarna NA back in 2007.

Maybe I'm wrong.🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I bet if it was a Honda, I would have received and MSO with the bike. Well I think that this is pretty much a dealer issue, but not sure how else to pursue. BBB?

It is a shame, I have bought 3 bikes over the last 4 years and the only one I didn't receive a title on is the new one I purchased in a crate.

Thanks!

Tony