Stalling with clutch in - Going down steep hills

Seems to be when the bike is running hot but it will stall when the clutch is fully depressed in. i have tried messing with it but with no result really. Any pointers on how to do it more correctly.

I guess you may have done these already but I would try increasing idle speed slightly. If no change happens, then I would check and adjust/change/replace the followings.

1. Float height

2. Fuel screw

3. Slow Jet

How new is the bike? It sounds like you already checked the clutch-play so I'd rule that out. If the bike is new, it might be your clutch plates aren't worn-in yet and may be dragging.

Using ANY rear brake without full clutch engagement will probably stall it out. With the bike running and on kick stand leaning over [to get back tire off ground] put the bike in second gear. the tire will most likely turn but you should be able to stop it with your hand [be careful]. If not, check your cable play. Hope this helps~

Edited by Rome06379

I had the same problem...anytime i went down a steep single track trail with the clutch pulled it would flame out and i would get a hanging idle from time to time...the fix for me was a smaller pilot jet. I went from a 45 to a 42 and it fixed both probs immediately. Have you confirmed your pilot circuit?...if not...check the pilot circuit sticky in the "intake/jetting" section.

• 2 weeks later...

I just had the same problem this week. The Clutch won't fully disengage and the idle would appear to hang going down hill. It also caused low speed stalling. I just pulled it apart and the Clutch springs are at the service limit. Time to replace the springs. Odd though the steels and fibers are still good? Depending on parts availability I May just do the springs for now. Same problem as mark-san thought it was the carb and it was a clutch issue

• 1 month later...