Any tips of trying this HUGE jump ?

I've only been riding for 6 months but the only way I progress is thru trying things that are difficult for me. I have most of the basics down but Im just wondering if there are any last minute tips before I try this

Here is a video of the jump I want to try, its a long ass table top

With big tabletops you have a little (read: a little)breathing room for mistakes and coming up short, as opposed to big doubles where you have none. So I suggest just working your way up to hitting the whole thing, then one day, you'll be riding up to face and *bam*, you'll get that wonderful feeling of "I can do this" and sky over the whole thing.

All good advice given so far.. Tabletops are easy, you just gradually build up your speed and confidence, and you'll eventually get there. You could do it in 30-40 minutes of practicing at it.. Its more about getting used to the sensations, really. Tabletops are forgiving, unless you overjump them... then its bad.

Doubles will just require blind faith and 100% comittment the first time you try a set... after that you'll kick yourself for not trying it sooner.. its about 80% mental and 20% physical.

This jump looks to be as safe as big jumps come. The landing looks very forgiving. The face looks very mild. With that being said take the advice given so far and also talk to the guys that are doing it and get there feedback. They should be able to tell you how the face feels and what to expect on lift off and set down. Remember once you clear this one doesn't mean you can jump everything that is this length. Every face is a little different. You will eventually be able to look at the face and read the transistion, angle, and lift off point and know how it should feel when you approach it at speed. Same goes for the landing. Some are very forgiving and some are extremely pin point. Start out slow and learn as you go. If you want more help just ask.

Coming from a dude whos inexperinced at MX I think thats an awesome jump and youll be fine following the advice already mentioned. The only large tabletops that give me problems are ones ones with kickers that launch you to the moon/

Talk to the guy on the track that is hitting it the best and ask if you can follow him. Ask him the gear he is hitting it in and what he is doing with the throttle. Follow him and he will "tow" you to the right speed and position and the rest is up to you.

If you don't want to ask someone then watch the good riders hit it and visualize yourself doing the exact same thing. The more times you see yourself doing the right thing in your mind the more likely you are to get it right. If you do it right you'll be seeing that damn jump in your dreams.

My advice would be to not do it at 6 months. But if you do make sure you stay in the power, don't over rev and go straight at the face. Also make sure there are not any kickers or ruts in the face. And grip really hard with your legs.

It does look like a very safe jump. However at that hight, distance, and speed you have to be able to correct the bike in the air. Also make sure it's not windy:busted:

Danny, don't take this the wrong way, but don't worry about trying that jump. Just go ride and have fun, the speed will come with frequent riding. When the time comes, you won't need to ask about clearing a table. If you just want to get better at riding, there are two things you can do; ride as often as possible and go to a riding school or two.

Contact "motocandyrida", he'll be able to tell you ALL about BIG jumps:lol:🙂

In all seriousness though, just go out, ride, have fun and it'll just come to you. Don't worry about hitting the jump, you'll be doin laps and come around the corner before it and just get that feeling of, "I can do it" and then you'll be flying over it. :banana:

Danny, don't take this the wrong way, but don't worry about trying that jump. Just go ride and have fun, the speed will come with frequent riding. When the time comes, you won't need to ask about clearing a table. If you just want to get better at riding, there are two things you can do; ride as often as possible and go to a riding school or two.

Coming from an MX rookie I totally agree. I am just getting most of my local track down this week. I ended up having some of my faster riding buddies show me the right pace and build on it from there. It will come with enough laps and enough time.

yes, that 's an easy LONG jump but its also got a lot of hangtime. the slightest micro rut on takeoff, the slightest crosswind and your bike will "ever so slowly" begin to crab sideways in mid-air. and with all that hang time the smallest error will grow and grow until you are flying sideways by the end. now, you probably don't know how to WHIP so you will not be able to UNWHIP the mess in the air. that means and expert would have landed perfectly straight where you will land perfectly sideways. its not as easy as it seems for the inexperienced.

whatever you do. if the flags are blowing in the wind DO NOT JUMP IT ... even if everyone else is.

Sic...

If you have to ask.......... you're probably not ready for it.

If you do hit it and land it, congrats to you, but that still doesn't change the fact that you might not be able to hit it consistently.

Good Luck! 😏

Good advice right here. The biggest problem with jumping big jumps by newer riders is they do not know how to correct what goes wrong in the air, or they freeze, hold on tight and prepare to hit the ground, hard. Work up to it, some of the jumps just are not worth hitting, you are not getting paid to take those chances

Good advice right here. The biggest problem with jumping big jumps by newer riders is they do not know how to correct what goes wrong in the air, or they freeze, hold on tight and prepare to hit the ground, hard. Work up to it, some of the jumps just are not worth hitting, you are not getting paid to take those chances

We spent about 3 weeks riding twice a week working with my oldest on jumping. We started with just the basics of getting air born to gassing and break tapping to level out.

That time was money in the bank, it is crazy how comfortable he is in the air and what he can recover from now. He is now working on the whips and scrubs. He is almost there, I think that it is a mental thing, I know he can do it, he just has to convince himself he can do it.

• 2 weeks later...
I've only seen the fastest Expert riders clearing that jump at 207. It's looong and it's out of a corner.

Never been to this track but based on the short video, and not trying to judge your riding, I would say to wait, practice distances as others have stated. You will see the progress as you get better.

The person clearing it is coming out of the corner ipretty damn fast, so unless in 6 months of riding you have that speed, just give it time.

You have all the time in the world to get better riding.... you dont if your on the couch with a broken leg or worse. Just 😏