What's my weekday riding life look like if I'm living/working in around Bothell?

I'm looking at taking a position at a company in Bothell and would likely move to Bothell, Woodinville, Mill Creek/Silverlake, or possibly even Carnation.

Obviosuly my decision making prism regarding where to move involves much more than riding (schools, home prices, whether or not I want to commute). But looking at the areas above, which ones are most likely to allow me to:

1. ride dual sport out of my driveway

2. do mountain bike rides out of my driveway

3. load up dirt bike and ride local ohv area before, or after work during the week

4. load up mountain bike and do local mtb. ride before or after work during the week

Any other areas I should look at assuming I'm working every day in Bothell?

I'm looking at taking a position at a company in Bothell and would likely move to Bothell, Woodinville, Mill Creek/Silverlake, or possibly even Carnation.

Obviosuly my decision making prism regarding where to move involves much more than riding (schools, home prices, whether or not I want to commute). But looking at the areas above, which ones are most likely to allow me to:

1. ride dual sport out of my driveway

2. do mountain bike rides out of my driveway

3. load up dirt bike and ride local ohv area before, or after work during the week

4. load up mountain bike and do local mtb. ride before or after work during the week

Any other areas I should look at assuming I'm working every day in Bothell?

There are a few ds opportunities. Mostly paved twisty country roads, with some gravel roads mixed in. Gold Bar, Index, Skykomish area.

The closest ORV area is Walker Valley which would be about 1 hour north. I will often leave work at 2:00pm and ride from 3:30 to 7:30 on a weekday.

I can't say for sure about mtn bike, but I would think there are a lot of options fairly close.

Post up when you are ready to ride.

later

danny

St Edwards state park in the Kenmore / Juanita area is good for an evening MTB ride, it'll get old after 5 or 6 visits but by then you will know more of the bootleg stuff in the area... about 10 mins from downtown Bothell.

With any luck, Reiter will open some meager single track mileage and you can get there in about 45 - 60 mins from Bothell for some MC riding...

There is an MTB park under I-5 that can be 30 mins or less from Bothell.

Being in Bothel weekday riding will be pretty much out of the question unless they reopen reiter.

However; mtn biking western washington is truely second to none. Book mark this website for after work rides. the new Duthie hill one is Issaquah is an awesome training ride for weekend rides and my current favorite

http://evergreenmtb.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Thanks for the replies. My wife and I talked about it over the weekend and I'm going to hold out for a position in Tacoma, Olympia, or Kent so we can live near her family in Sumner/Puyallup.

Yeah, why live in Costa Mesa when you can live in Pico Rivera. ๐Ÿ™‚:banana:

Btw, I grew up in Yucaipa/Calimesa area.

Thanks for the replies. My wife and I talked about it over the weekend and I'm going to hold out for a position in Tacoma, Olympia, or Kent so we can live near her family in Sumner/Puyallup.

That area is the armpit of the state... don't move there trust me... puyallup is nice but the traffic is hell to get out

Woodinville isn't bad, but bothell sucks.. my friends live in both towns and I want to throw up if I have to drive to bothell. Highway 2 has horrible traffic, and bothell is like being stuck in the middle of everything

Move to arlington or stanwood or anything north of marysville (don't do marysville or everett... ever,) no traffic, walker is 15 min away... just make the commute.

I live 10 min past arlington and I commute to west seattle every day because I love it up here, I can ride out of my driveway to numerous secret stash spots directly behind my house in the mountains or walker 15min away. Loads of mt biking and hiking too. My neighbor has a sweet MX track in his yard. No traffic, quiet, stillaguamish river is a nice swim and fish, tons of logging roads by darrington to dual sport..

The DNR is destroying reiter (down on hwy 2)... it will not be any good from the reports I'm getting from my friend who is trying to work with them to open it... hopefully he is wrong and they won't completely demolish it

If you lived around olypmia or tacoma you would be closer to tayua and just drive up to belfair. I don't think it would be too bad. If you lived up north of seattle you have walker....and that's about it up there with reiter closed for reduction. and don't forget about eastern washington for your weekend trips. Taneum has hundreds of miles of trails, naches, all of the green dot forest roads, mattawa (open style riding), Moses lake (trails and dunes), Beverly Dunes...etc. From Seattle Taneum is about an hour and 20 minutes away depending on traffic. I haven't done much riding there yet but I hear it is cream of the crop for the summer time. Can't ride their in the winter because of snow but that is what walker and reiter are/were for.

Good luck figuring out your job and where you are going to live.

Ill break it down

Starting south

Olympia = too much city, tahuya is close somewhat though, no mt biking or dual sport

Tacoma = what is that smell?

Kent = yuppieland, too far to ride out of your driveway, too far from anything really

Puyallup = great views, millions of stoplights in every direction driving you mad slowly over time

North

Bothell = hell with some letters added to fool you. Stuck in the middle of traffic and more traffic and seattle

Mill creek = yuppieland, might as well be bothell with trees in your yard

Everett = I don't even know what to say... white trash epicenter? And it smells too

Silver lake = next door to everett... need I say more?

Woodinville = OK if it weren't for the bad hwy 2 and hwy 9 nightmare commute.. if reiter lasts

Snohomish = same as woodinville

Lake stevens = suburbia? Blech! Too far from walker for weekday rides

Marysville = how many cars can I fit in my front yard? Do you smell somethin dawg?

Monroe = Mexico-itis, you might get to reiter after a few hours and 300 traffic lights

Carnation= nice, but if reiter goes, middle of nox and where.

Smokey point = the boundary line between biking fun and ghetto suburbia

Arlington = open space and no traffic, finally peace and quiet

Stanwood= wrong side of I5, but still nice

Mount vernon = eh. Close to walker, stay away from I5 its nice

Big lake = amazing. Walker valley and everything else, dirt bike heaven?

Granite falls = whaddayou wanna do today, cletus? "Go wheelin and shoot stuff." How abouts tomorows ? "Go wheelin and shoot stu- hey looke there, free road kill, bubba! Kids, fire up the keg grill w'ere havin supper!"

Jordan = heaven for a dual sporter. Close to walker and on the mt loop highway, but far enough from granite falls

Oso = outlaw dirt biking heaven

Ok I think you got the idea

I need a riding buddy up north for weekdays btw lol

Give me a ring Chris. Did you get your bike fixed?

No, waiting for parts ๐Ÿ˜. I put the spare shock in and blew that one out two days later.. I want to ride with you again though, I need a good instructor ๐Ÿ˜ should be running before august, ill call ya this week

Thanks haha.. I could do some more...

Spokane = spokompton, spokanister, spokanistan... whatever. 7 mile ORV and crooked cops thaat bust yer shiz

Vantage/ellensburg/beverly = "goodbye texas, hello mexico..." tijuana's lamest sand dunes

Cle elum = the hatfields vs mcoys vs... yuppies? Adventure dirt biking heaven... if the coppas don't get ya

Leavenworth = buy meh shiz, before z germenz get heyaz. Mt bike snobs vs germans and drunk bikers

Wenatchee = illegal apple immigrants and scenic riding in the summer

Okanogan area = most popular kid names - butch, buck, Bo, gretchen. More double wides and abandoned cars than you can shake a stick at, son. Where indians, beer, and fireworks are more dangerous than yer pappy and you best not run outa gas

Bellingham - dude, where's my car? Oh, yeah, I totally don't have one... dude can I get a ride.. to seattle? Logging road dual sport fun

Anacortes/ islands - whoaaaa, groovy man. Wanna buy my painting? I painted the same thing as the other guy, but like.. better. It was a trip man

Thanks for the replies. I was mainly looking for info on Bothell as the position I was interviewing for was based in that area and I don't know a whole lot about the "mid-sound" area. Our plan originally was to move to Sumner/Puyallup and I would work in Tacoma, Olympia, or Kent. I cleared the first round of interviews and they were getting ready to fly me up but I've canceled as we want to stick to our plan to move close to family so we can have the help.

I'm back to moving to Puyallup/Sumner/Black Diamond and working in Kent, Olympia, or Tacoma.

We were considering Bothell because one of the jobs I applied for was located there. I had advanced quickly through the interview process and was considering many factors about living and working in that part of the state.

I'm holding out for a position that allows me to move to Puyallup/Sumner as my wife grew up there and we have tons of family to help with our young family.

BTW, I grew up on Whidbey Island, went to college in Ellensburg, and my wife is from Sumner/Puyallup. I know plenty about the state. I just wanted to know about Bothell/Woodinville.